Activating Windows 8 Pro Via Kms Is it Auto

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Three Lions, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Three Lions

Three Lions MDL Junior Member

Sep 20, 2013
    Can some one explain the way to activate windows 8 pro via Kms

I`ve read some info on this site & I`m sure it can be done & it would be activated for 180 days (is that correct)

Which is the best tool to use is it MTK 2.49 or KMSpico By heldigard

Also will it auto activate so it stays at 180 days & can WMC be added & activated in the same way

Or do I need to install windows 8 +Wmc from a iso that includes Wmc then activate via Kms with one of the above tools

I`m 73yrs young & wish to try this so hope someone can point me I the right direction, But please be gentle with me

Please note: Its Windows 8 pro With Wmc I wish to activate not Windows 8.1

Thank you in advance
    Such a great site

2. Nicky31

Nicky31 MDL Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    KMS does activate for 180 days at a time unless you use a workaround activation like on Windows 8 Core/CoreSL/ProWMC
    Follow the link Nicky31 gave there. Download MTK 2.4.9

Open MTK and click the Windows button to open Windows Toolkit options
    Select Activation Tab
    Click Autokms drop down menu and change it to KMS Server Service
    Click the Activate button on the right

Repeat with Office button if you have Office 2010 or 2013 installed, but know that none of them currently work on Windows 8.1.
    Using that method will re-activate your system every 7 days using a small service-based exe running constantly.

If you don't change it from AutoKMS to KMS Server Service, you will have to deal with firewall and anti-virus programs trying to block and quarantine it.
    Most activators that schedule themselves to run in the task scheduler are the same way and even if they don't get blocked right away, it will usually happen within a couple weeks.
    It can be confusing to people who don't pay attention to their a/v programs, so save yourself the hassle and use KMS Server Service from the Activator dropdown menu.

4. kastrel

kastrel MDL Member

Mar 7, 2013
    Somebody,answer me...Now how do we know when mtk tool will be compatible with windows 8.1 kms v6, if the thread tools kms was deleted?o_O

5. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    watch the MTK thread? :D As of right now, it is not able to activate 8.1. And the Tools thread I believe will be making a return visit.

6. kastrel

kastrel MDL Member

Mar 7, 2013
    THIS IS SERIOUS? MTK WILL NOT GIVE SUPPORT KMS V6 TO WINDOWS 8.1? WHY?:eek:

7. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    its not that It WILL NOT it is that IT CANNOT

YET (hopefully)

they are working on it to make it so. You been hiding too long lol, time to read more :vertag::biggrin:

8. MSDNAA

MSDNAA MDL Senior Member

Aug 6, 2013
    LOL why so serious? You are getting serious for something you haven't paid for. Free is not always guaranteed just enjoy what you get out of it.

Cheers

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. kastrel

kastrel MDL Member

Mar 7, 2013
    the thread of the SLAVE 77 for kms activation is was eliminated too...:(

10. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    it is being cleaned up and coming back I do believe.

where is sl4ve77?? we miss you buddy! Im guessing school maybe?