Activation error code 0xC004C4AA help

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Benbop, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Benbop

Benbop MDL Novice

Dec 25, 2012
    So guys, i activated windows pro via a KMS, once i recived my WMC key, i activated it, and now i get this error.
    What can i do to fix this?

2. hack

hack MDL Senior Member

Sep 14, 2009
    0xC004C4AA= NOT GENUNE

Methods described above do work for now.

I am not trying to be nasty, however if you couldn't find this information on your own then your best option may be to get Genuine and buy windows 8 while the prices are good.

Just some honest advice.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ecnav

ecnav MDL Novice

Dec 27, 2012
    The problem occurs after December update was release (my theory) since they have patched the loop hole for users to get free windows 8. The activation error states that your not using a proper key.

i don't know if you have a legit copy of windows or not but this problem occurs on both people who have legit windows 8 pro key and not.

After you upgrade to windows 8 pro with legit key, it will be activated then after you added windows 8 wmc legit key, your windows will then be deactivated.

One solution that I think works will be to do an "in place upgrade" using a windows 8 pro disc and you have to choose nothing to keep (this will erase all windows update) then you can disable windows update after it finish..

You will not have any activation error anymore..

4. Don Quijote

Don Quijote MDL Novice

Feb 28, 2012
    Yeeeppp! Mr. Bill&Co. are constantly improving this Online OS.
    With 8 the time of the mass illegally permanently activated is over now.
    Understand that it's quite easy! :)

5. frwil

frwil MDL Addicted

Sep 22, 2008
    Nope-nope-nope!
    It's "cat & mouse" type of game. They 're just havin' fun and don't really intend to wipe piracy off.

6. S_A_S

S_A_S MDL Member

Oct 16, 2012
    #8 S_A_S, Dec 27, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
    Has nothing to do with december updates, they closed the loophole on MS server side. This trick doesnt even work on clean RTM without any updates aplied.

This problem is only related to copy's that where previously KMS activated.

And it's pretty obvious that after a WMC upgrade your windows need to be reactivated.

The only solution is a new install with legit key's, without using a KMS activated copy as base.

7. ecnav

ecnav MDL Novice

Dec 27, 2012
    #9 ecnav, Dec 27, 2012
    I know someone who works with MS tech support. They get calls from people who recently purchased windows 8 upgrade. If the person doesn't add the wmc it retains the activation but once they add the wmc key it deactivates windows. They have tried creating a new key for the customer and it doesn't work. The 50/50 solution on this was to do an inplace upgrade, sometimes it work sometimes it doesn't. He also explained to me that one observation he has is after the inplace upgrade, windows updates was uninstalled. He then tried to add wmc and windows then remained activated..

You might be right that it has something to do with MS server blocking the keys they have distributed.. But even creating a new key doesn't work.

The problem with doing clean install is you will get an activation error which will that the key you have used is for an upgrade which is obviously correct since MS isn't officially selling the full version (you can get a system builder edition but it doesn't have a 90-day warranty on it),

8. S_A_S

S_A_S MDL Member

Oct 16, 2012
    I bet you that all those people that call MS support after they use a upgrade key, are on a craptivated windows.

9. Don Quijote

Don Quijote MDL Novice

Feb 28, 2012
    "cat & mouse" only <8 not >7
    The ratio is 99 to 1 that Uncle Bill & Co. sooner or later can every mass illegally license [WinOS >7] disable. :)

10. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    @Don Quijote: nothing is un-crackable. ;)
    MS needs pirates to sell Windows. Once the pirates are gone, the selling machine slows down really bad, thus less money for them. ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. ecnav

ecnav MDL Novice

Dec 27, 2012
    #13 ecnav, Dec 27, 2012
    from what I have heard, Some did a clean install did a phone activation afterwards or coming in from either a retail copy or OEM version of windows. This only happened after "December Security" updates was released. People who upgraded to windows 8 pro and added WMC last November never had this issue.