Activation problem between windows pro 8 and windows 8

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by olimpia051, Dec 29, 2013.

1. olimpia051

olimpia051 MDL Novice

Dec 28, 2013
    Hi to all!

I have used the site quite often for solving little problems, but now i did not found an argument and I decided to write myself the problem!

I bought a computer in Russia (an Aspire V5-572G) with a windows 8 single language 64-bit.

Coming back home I found out that not only was in russian, but I was not able to install any language pack. I had to depart quickly and I made a big mistake: I gave my computer in the hand of a technician that instead of finding the english pack, decided to install windows 8 pro.

Of course after a couple of upgrades the build 9200 came out and I am not able anymore to upgrade it to 8.1.

How can i fix the problem? I have a product key for Windows 8, not for windows 8 pro. Can I install a windows 8 version (and where can I find it)? I am even prepared to pay microsoft a reasonable amount of money to have a real windows pro. But before doing other mistakes I ask what would you do if you were in my shoes :)

Thanks a lot!

Paolo

2. joluboga

joluboga MDL Member

Dec 4, 2011
    How about just downloading the Windows 8.1 Single Language iso (the English language one, of course) from this very site and doing a clean install? :p

Just look for it in the thread named "The Windows 8.1 (& related) Repository"

EDIT: If Windows 8.1 Pro is what you really want, just download that iso instead and use one of the various options in this site to activate it through KMS ;)

3. Aninvitedsoul

Aninvitedsoul MDL Senior Member

Sep 14, 2012
    As long as you want to have 'a real windows pro' as you say.Go buy a Genuine Window 8 Pro. or 8.1 Pro.,thats it. :spoton:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. olimpia051

olimpia051 MDL Novice

Dec 28, 2013
    Thanks for the answers! I will actually download the english single language iso.

One (final) stupid question: how can I do it? I understood that I have to take the magnet with some torrent provider. But an explanation for dummies would be awesome because I have been scratching my head trying to start the download.. :biggrin:o_Oo_O

5. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009