Activation reqd popping up after power brownouts

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Mr Joshua, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Mr Joshua

Mr Joshua MDL Novice

Sep 21, 2012
    Hi all and greetings from an Aussie in Brazil,

I've had an absolute rock solid install of Win 7 Ultimate Retail (Final) x86 (32 bit) for two and a half years, until yesterday. Yes, it was from the torrents. Down here in Brazil stuff costs a fortune.

After I initially installed it in 2010, I ran the WAT remover (still shows as removed), disabled KB971033 in updates (is not installed) and ran the 7Loader by Hazar 1.5 and its been fine for 2 and a half years. I've never installed SP1 either.

We just had some real nasty brownouts here, read: 67 volts and phase losses due to huge storms. The system tried rebooting several times after the initial power failure before I was able to unplug it all. The little voltage we had was up and down for nearly 20 hours and just enough to run low power fluorescent lights.

After we finally got power back, I got a few errors and had to restart several times before I got a clean boot and I then started getting a box pop up after entering my system password saying that the activation period had expired and activation was reqd. I close the box and everything still works fine, with the exception of now it disables my background image every hour and prompts for activation.

I am sure this is somehow connected with the system trying to reboot during low power and failing several times, some boot file has been corrupted (it did a bunch of error checking and self repair before booting). Although I have a backup XP install in another partition, I don't want to go back to XP and have to reinstall Win 7. I've got too much software that will need to be reloaded. I've tried the 7loader again and HAL7600 and nothing makes a difference. Can anybody point me in the right direction here. Is there a workaround I can do via regedit ??

Cheers all

2. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    Clean install and activate using Daz Loader v2.1.7 ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sid_16

sid_16 MDL Giveaway Organiser

Oct 15, 2011
    I would suggest to make a clean installation of win7 after backing up all your stuff and use Daz loader for activation .Other activation solution you tried are outdated and this site doesn't support them at all. See what other experts are saying.:)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Mr Joshua

Mr Joshua MDL Novice

Sep 21, 2012
    Response to Socrates

Thanks for that mate. I am trying hard to smile when thinking about how much software I will have to reinstall:weeping::weeping: