Activation roundup

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by greco, Aug 1, 2009.

1. greco

greco MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2009
    #1 greco, Aug 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2014
    Hi,

so far we have at least five activation tools
    which seems to have been replaced by

of which some seem to do the same thing. Does someone know how much they actually differ or equal respectively which one would be the - usual question ;) - "best"?

Thanks.

2. SongRemainsTheSame

SongRemainsTheSame MDL Novice

Jul 20, 2009
    IMHO the best is the one that work for you.

3. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    Most of them use very similar methods, and are just named differently so some person can get their 30 minutes of internet fame because they ripped off someone elses work or changed a batch file into a VB app. They all work the same though. Below is a good summary of the current activation methods.

So far there are only 2 different BIOS emulating methods. One is made by Hazar (which some people say Orbit30 stole or someone called it that but whatever it uses the method much like the Chinese Vista Loader) this works for some people but not others.

The next is WOW7 which is made by Yen and some people that help him. Same thing it inserts an SLIC table into the BIOS then boots into the OS.

Those tools are both what are called loaders, they LOAD/Emulate an SLIC table making Windows think that you have what is needed for OEM offline activation. This method is detectable and runs the risk of being disabled in the future.

The next method is by modding your BIOS and inserting an SLIC table directly into your system BIOS by modding the manufacturers BIOS file and then flashing your BIOS. This sounds risky but the people here have gotten it down to a science and the guides are real good if you want to do it yourself, or just look in the threads and chances are your motherboard BIOS is already modded. This method can be detectable but what is needed would be every manufacturer that makes motherboards to report to MS exactly what boards they put SLIC tables in. So it is for all purposes undetectable.

4. Thrash

Thrash MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2009
    Hazar's 7 activator worked for me but nothing else does, not even the updated version.

It seems to be that only 1 method works for each person, or some not at all.

Id love to do the BIOS mod but I have a Phoenix, if anyone can help me then please do :)

5. 5hj

5hj MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2009
    What brand and model is your computer?

6. cpc_s

cpc_s MDL Novice

May 2, 2008
    #6 cpc_s, Aug 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2014
  7. Thrash

Thrash MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2009
    Its a Samsung R60 Plus

8. greco

greco MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2009
    Thanks for the detailed answer HSChronic.

Like so often :)

So there are basically just two activations methods - repacked a thousand times? Where do they differ in or do they still do the same, given you mentioned it works much like the chinese version, which I assume WOW7 is.

If you say "inserts into the BIOS" do you refer to an actual modification or just an emulator?

Thanks!

9. Thrash

Thrash MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2009
    Emulator..

10. Monsta Kody

Monsta Kody MDL Junior Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Wow 7 did work on my hp6720s, and the chinese one on my crappy P4VM800 hazar did give only errors :eek:

11. Thrash

Thrash MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2009
    Only ones which have worked for me so far are Hazar 7 Activator and Orbit and Hazar v1.2

12. greco

greco MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2009
    So it isnt modifying (inserting) the BIOS?

So WOW7 wouldnt be the chinese activator?

13. frwil

frwil MDL Addicted

Sep 22, 2008
    Not at all. WOW5-6-7 were made by a few smart guys on these boards from null, to make sofmod method handle situatuons where usual loaders v2 failed, initially on HP laptops. WOW resembled the very first loaders v.1 by the general scheme of actions, but it's essential part is original. All the history of developing WOW is right on this forum in two threads in Vista section.

14. matt_0978

matt_0978 MDL Junior Member

Jul 16, 2009
    do these only work for ultimate? reason i ask is i've preordered a copy of home premium so at least that would make me genuine. however, i like playing and trying out stuff.

15. Thrash

Thrash MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2009
    Yeah only Ultimate afaik