Activation suddenly failed, keychange not helping, need to update bios? (Lenovo)

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by dozebox, Jun 8, 2010.

1. dozebox

dozebox MDL Novice

Jan 5, 2010
    Hello,

I have flashed this modded slic bios to my Lenovo S10e:

forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/5866-LENOVO-%28IBM%29-Bioses-especially-Thinkpad.?p=202181#post202181

I have a Lenovo certificate and have used Lenovo OEM SLP key (I know that keys don't have to be brand specific). Everything has worked fine for months until today.

Suddenly I started to get activation failed message. I tried to change my product key to a different one which I got from these threads:

forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/10370-Windows-7-OEM-SLP-Key-Collection
    forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/10484-Share-and-Discuss-OEM-SLP-Keys-Here

...But it doesn't activate with any key.

Do I need to re-flash my bios with more recent one, (14cn97ww, i have to request a SLIC mod for it first though), and then get a new cert and key?

Or should I be able to activate my copy again with another key?

If just a key change should work.. why isn't it working..? I have tried a lot of valid keys through Win 7 "change my product key" window and through Command prompt via slmgr.vbs commands.. but nothing has worked.

Could someone point me to the right direction? Thanks alot!

2. dozebox

dozebox MDL Novice

Jan 5, 2010
    Got it figured out with the help of this sticky topic:

forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/19404-Not-genuine-after-KB971033-update-Read-this!

E.g. needed to active on internet after changing the new key via command prompt..

Sorry for stupid thread. I hope it helps at least one person in future..