Activation Troubles, Stressed, Please Help

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by emerica243, Mar 3, 2010.

1. emerica243

emerica243 MDL Novice

Mar 3, 2010
    So im a little confused on a big situation. Basically i have my computer and i used a windows 7 oem BIE disc, which had pre-activation. With that said when i installed it and booted up, it said it was activated all fine and all. Ever since then ive been fine, that was probably 2 months ago. Now a few days ago my friend who i installed the same way must of installed that WAT update. Because he said it was saying how its not genuine.

So i installed it to, but mine checked out to be genuinel. I dont know why, i used the same install disc and method. So i setup a third computer, installed windows 7 with the same disc, with per-activation. When it was installed i ran DAZ's loader and it said the BIOS was Dell and that it was activated, im guessing that was from the preactivation? So i installed the WAT update for a test and sure enough it failed being genuine. So i messed around with DAZ's and HAZAR;s loaders installing sotmods and bios mods. Which im also confused on.

I know how the system works with slic, it has info in the bios which needs to match a key and a cert in windows. But what im confused about is do you choose to install the soft mod first, and after thats done, do the SLIC/KEY/License/Bios Mod insert second?

And lastly, if i have a computer that has WAT installed and i cant get genuine, is it possible to fix this without reinstalling? I know if RemoveWAT and manually flashing your bios with the correct slic information and not using softmods? If i need to reinstall to get genuine, should i be using an untouched Windows 7 disc? Or does it not matter if im using a pre-activated one and im just not doing the loaders steps correctly to be valid for genuine activation. I know this is alot to read and i hope someone can help me out with bashing me.

2. MasterDisaster

MasterDisaster MDL Expert

Aug 29, 2009
    Change to a valid key (other OEM or Retail) and revalidate your copy.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. emerica243

emerica243 MDL Novice

Mar 3, 2010
    I have read the whole repository, but it didnt really answer my questions. Well it made me understand the basics of how the loaders work and such. If i used a softmod bios emulation(DAZ), then why isnt everest showing that its just EMULATION?

4. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    because it loads "before" windows. everest is reading what its getting from windows. and windows thinks you have what the loader tells it..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. emerica243

emerica243 MDL Novice

Mar 3, 2010
    Well then how come on some of thsee threads people are saying if youre NOT using a flashed bios, thus using a loader, everest will be reporting back that its emulated, and not a true slic table. And thats how microsoft is reading the softmod.

6. emerica243

emerica243 MDL Novice

Mar 3, 2010
    Thanks sir, im actually dling the RTM images right now to play around with. Ill look into this post too, thanks.

7. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    it depends on the loader and also a lot of times the system itself. i have had everest show mixed results with different systems. as said above use a original untouched iso. either from my thread or the repository, and agreed do not use the bie you are asking for trouble most times

8. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    I'm still confused as to what softmod is? I thought it was the term for using loader to emulate slic in boot partition. Anyhow I've heard almost everyone I've read passing with daz loader in non-advanced method or with removeWAT. I myself would try bios mod and/or hard mod but I have phoenix bios that isn't capable or something to that nature.

9. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    not to change the subject but what is your bios time surfer?

10. emerica243

emerica243 MDL Novice

Mar 3, 2010
    thanks

Thank you guys! Even with the non genuine WAT infected machine i got it back to genuine status with your help.

For others, all i did to get a BIE Windows install that was non genuine and had WAT installed was the following.

Open DAZ Loader
    Click uninstall softmod
    reboot
    Open Loader and click Install softmod
    Reboot
    Run Genuine check online

Also, when using differetn install modes incase the default doesnt work.

Do you have to uninstall, reboot, install, reboot, each time?

For example, i try DEFAULT, reboot, see if its working, its not. Uninstall softmod, Reboot, Install method 2, reboot, see if its working, etc.

Or can you just Try one method, reboot, itsnot working, install second method, reboot, see if its working, etc.

11. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
  12. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009