active an XP copy that say You May Be A Victim Of Software Counterfeiting, This Copy

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by shogun21, Aug 4, 2010.

1. shogun21

shogun21 MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2010
    Hi,

Sorry to bother you but i am a begginer and my skills are rusty .. so i have an assembled pc that runs xp professional 2002 service pack 3, i did buy it 1 year ago and few days ago after an updates start say that phrase You May Be A Victim Of Software Counterfeiting, This Copy Of Windows Did Not Pas...
    so after reading few posts here i did try OEMBIOS CHANGER tools, the antiWPA3 did not kill such message at all, so i did follow an tutorial wich say to run the OEMBIOS tool to detect which of the oembios files can be used to activate my pc and this is what i get

C:\>OEMBIOS
    Windows XP OEMBIOS Test v1.1/269/106 (C) 2007-2010 severach @ msfn forums
    None of the 106 contained OEMBIOS sets will preactivate to your system.
    ERRORLEVEL 0

C:\>

So i need some help to get out of this situations.
    Thank you in advance for your help

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Download HP DMI tool from the stickies and run that to tattoo your DMI area then download HP oembios files and use OEMBIOS CHANGER tools, all the information is available in the stickies.

3. shogun21

shogun21 MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2010
    Hi
    is the HP DMI tool an .iso one? so i can only burn it on cd to work with it? there is not an .exe version to run directly to the pc? is coz i am on vacation and can only connect remotely to that pc and there no one there that can insert an cd on the pc.

thank you very much for your help!

4. Computer Fixer

Computer Fixer MDL Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Running from the boot CD is the safest way to tattoo the BIOS. Trying to inject the SLP info into the BIOS from Windows could brick the computer.
    XP will run fine with the "You May Be A Victim Of Software Counterfeiting...." warning- so wait it out and fix it when you get back from vacation.

Depending on which BIOS you have- you could dump it or get the most current update from the motherboard manufacturer, add the SLP info to it with AMI or Award BIOS tools then use Winflash to reflash the BIOS all within the Windows environment (I've done it remotely before).... but you'd really be taking a chance on it not restarting after the mod.
    I'd wait till I can sit in front of the computer before messing with the BIOS.

5. Pegatron

Pegatron MDL Member

Jul 5, 2010
    You could just search for Win XP SP2 Activator.exe

6. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    DMIscope can inject the DMI into some bios from windows(not a chance of bricking)..the dmi is not a biosmod and would likely not brick the computer..If you would add the slp into an area of the mainbios, ACPITBL, or other bios module...this constitutes a biosmod with some resizing of the modules necessary; and would require a reflash..much more chance of brick, not high though IMO..

The Phoenix bios with the PHLASH switches also requires a reflash, but is really not much chance of error. (Not more than any "normal" flash anyhow..)

Adding the SLP info to DMI is most harmless of the bunch and poses little, if any, chance of brick.

AMI and Award bios can be dumped..best to use a factory download upgrade bios if available

Phoenix dumps cannot be reflashed...you need an upgrade bios with the platform data..

@pegatron the activators are not reliable and not recommended.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Beowulf

Beowulf MDL Member

Aug 31, 2009
    911 medic "Factory download upgrade bios". ,do u mind explaining that to me. is it bios update...
    My friend had an intel motherboard ,when i tried to use the HP DMI CD to tatoo the cd player was not recognised. I do not have any idea to make it into a SLP. BIOS CHANGER doesnt work...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    yeah, bios update. there is a tattoo tool for intel around, as well as the usb tattoo tool that is suppose to do all ....

9. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  10. Beowulf

Beowulf MDL Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Thank you 911 medic & urie : for throwing that piece of information, i didn't knew that DMI Award-AMI-Intel BIOS exited, will try this tool first thing in the morning in my friends PC, if successful i will try it on other pc as well.
    That scancode guy is a genius, all credits to him and you gurus as well.
    I tried yours (911 medic's) OEMBIOS Changer in my brothers PC, it made a strange noise as though it was on fire (Later i had to format that PC). From then on, i simply gave up (no offense),,,,but this looks promising. Will give my feed: