Ad-Aware 9 released

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by windsman, Dec 6, 2010.

1. windsman

windsman MDL Expert

Jan 11, 2010
  2. andy_s

andy_s MDL Novice

Nov 21, 2010
    Thanks. DL'd it and gave it a scan. Strange how different malware/AV scanners can pick up different rogue files.

3. windsman

windsman MDL Expert

Jan 11, 2010
    Indeed, they are so many bad softwares each day. First it was fake antivirus, but with the time now you can install rogue registry cleaner, rogue system cleaner rogue xxxxxxx, so it's very useful to have on board 2 or 3 On-demand scanner like (MBAM, SAS, EEK and more).

windsman.

4. trance89

trance89 MDL Member

Oct 29, 2010
    ad-aware was a great antispyware soft 2-3 years ago, now its just a crappy program with antivirus with very weak protection

5. mrdarkgod

mrdarkgod MDL Member

Feb 13, 2010
    ^

On the contrary, the definitions from 2-3 years ago are still there along with many more new ones. I've noticed that new releases from Lavasoft are always a bit buggy. It takes time for these new releases to mature and become stable. It is definitely one of the best anti-spyware programs out there. And best of all, it's free. There is no reason not to use it since it doesn't bog down the computer to any noticeable amount, but I'll be waiting for a while to use it since the reviews I've read aren't as good at 8.3.5 (the latest stable version of version 8).

6. billgates-suck

billgates-suck MDL Novice

Jul 24, 2010
    SAS and MBAM both kick Ad-aware in the ass. It had lose the battle.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    I do think you should try MBAM it does what it says and at 7.37 MB rather than 124 MB for Ad-Aware i still have older version of Ad-Aware 6.41 MB big jump in size but older version did what it said for ad-aware only. MBAM and Avast antivirus free is all i need :)