Ad-Aware Internet Security Pro

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Buster Bunny, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Buster Bunny

Buster Bunny MDL Novice

Mar 12, 2011
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just bought a Toshiba Satellite laptop and this came with it free...

I use ESET Smart Security as my Antivirus and Security along with SuperAntiSpyware for removing ad-ware / crap from the web....

I was an Ad-Aware user in the past days when it was light at version 6....then I ditched it after it has fallen behind the competition...

Now my question is....what is this Internet Security Pro? Says protection against viruses, malware, hijackers, etc..

Is this gonna be like monitoring all my actions and slowing down my laptop? I am an advanced user and do not visit fishy websites. Is it a real antivirus as well?? or would one still be needing a full blown antivirus?

If it is not an antivirus and wouldnt slow down my system (I would like to run manual scans), and if it is in anyway better than SuperAntiSpyware, I would use it, otherwise ill just give it to someone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Reign_Of_Freedom

Reign_Of_Freedom MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2009
    Ad-Aware Pro is a real anti virus, according to there website. As far as how good it is? Hard to say since there are really no test on this. But, i would sick with ESET tbh.

3. Buster Bunny

Buster Bunny MDL Novice

Mar 12, 2011
    Thank you sir, that is what I was looking for, since it is an AntiVirus, I will stick with my ESET Smart Security and probably will just gift this to someone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Reign_Of_Freedom

Reign_Of_Freedom MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2009
    Don't get me wrong, Ad Aware has come a ways but it still lags behind the competition as far as actual Anti-Virus scanning goes. Maybe in another year or so it will be a more mature product but until then it's up to the individual to make that judgement call.

5. RedSpider

RedSpider MDL Junior Member

Oct 13, 2009
    Ad-ware Pro scans are Verrrrry SLooooowww. Full scan took almost 2 hours.

6. Buster Bunny

Buster Bunny MDL Novice

Mar 12, 2011
    Thanks ill just my ESET Smart Security

7. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    The size of the installer should have given you a clue. :eek: