Add higher capacity HDD to DVR?

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by moozillaaa, May 9, 2011.

1. moozillaaa

moozillaaa MDL Novice

May 9, 2011
    How might I do this?

Several models of HDD's are compatible with this DVR, but all of them are 250G. I'd like to try to add a 500G, or maybe a 1Tb drive to the 'list'.

I'm assuming that the 'compatible drives list' is written into the DVR BIOS, and not the DVR smart card/data card; how would I confirm, and edit, this info?

Thanks...

2. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    What brand/model of DVR?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. moozillaaa

moozillaaa MDL Novice

May 9, 2011
    #3 moozillaaa, May 10, 2011
    Last edited: May 10, 2011
    (OP)
    Hi Myrrh...

It's a D*shNetwork dvr 625. I own it (not leased), so breaking it is not a huge concern, although the other one that I own is currently being used, so I can break only 1, before I have no others to break.

It has a software version - L544, which means not too much to me. Some other stuff which might be relevant I'll post up shortly here...

edit:
    Ok, more info here, if it helps me log in a root user, or get more 'write' capability here...
    There's a location ID: 20545841
    Data/smart card-related info: 241DshH05
    Hardware ID: GJRD-N
    Bootstrap 1430

Does this tell me anything important?

The hard drive partitions are Linux-formatted, and I do Linux, but I think little can be changed through the info on the HDD...

4. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. moozillaaa

moozillaaa MDL Novice

May 9, 2011
    Been there, did those. They're poppin' zits, I'm tryin' to engineer genes (more than just HDD compatibility)

One guy has it goin' on, but he not on the boards too often...

6. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    Good luck, sorry I can't be more help. I can install the equipment and make it work, but editing the firmware is way past my expertise.