[GUIDE] Add Store to Windows 10 EnterpriseS SKU (LTSB/LTSC)

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Tito, Aug 9, 2016.

1. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    I dual boot between Windows Enterprise LTSB and Fedora 26 (which CentOS is built from). I have no problems at all. My other system dual boots between Windows Enterprise LTSB N and OpenSUSE Linux (again, no problems). The only folks who seem to have had a problem in the past are those who have ignored the fact that this only supports Windows 64-bit and if you have foolishly installed this on a 32-bit system (ignoring all the warnings in post #1), I would strongly recommend you format and start over.

2. jdawg334

jdawg334 MDL Novice

Jun 23, 2011
    OK well no I have all 64-bit. I haven't had a problem so far today so maybe it's something else and just a random issue.

3. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    ^^
    I also use Windows Enterprise LTSB and add Store (only for use M$ Translator) by GOD666 and works like a charm :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    @WardocsRevenge , @T-S , and @dhjohns played a big part in helping release this too. ;)

5. Mayjoko

Mayjoko MDL Junior Member

Oct 15, 2015
    Option 1 failed every time with admin right click priv and opening via startmenu cmd admin or powershell on my LTSB x64, stripped admin check in script and ran the script in NSUDO - in Current Process mode with Enable All Privileges, all other modes failed, only one would work was CurrentProcess, worked great. thanks.

(I don't know/didn't search to see if anyone else had the problem or if the solution was posted here or not, but if not, now it is.)

6. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    Updated post #1 to include method #4
    Did not update text files as method 4 is exclusive to MDL

(nothing is stopping you from updating your own copy though)

7. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    @ GOD666 although I never had issues with this application thanks for updade anyway :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    Methods are about giving people choices. Method 1 - 3 are ways you can add the store after installing Windows. Which I would assume is how most people find this thread. Having installed Windows, discovering store is not included and looking for away to add it now. Method 4 just reminds those who do not know, that you could make your own ISO to include it. You only need apply 1 method that works best for your needs.

I personally use method #1 myself as I don't always want to install the store on all my devices (just 2 of them) and I don't want to keep track of different ISO's.

9. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
  10. abbodi1406

abbodi1406 MDL KB0000001

Feb 19, 2011
    Are you going to promote LTSC 2 years ahead? :rolleyes:

11. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    Yes, because it will help MDL's search rating in Google when people start searching for it 2 years from today and MDL will already be well indexed on the matter. ;)

12. MasTech

MasTech MDL Novice

Jan 23, 2011
    #332 MasTech, Aug 19, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
    Hello... do you have a script prepared for someone who would want to use this awesome package but have need to remove it? Also... is there anyway to visualize the store now that it can be installed thanks to the efforts you have shown? Lastly... do you think this can be done for bash as well since MS has taken it out of LTSC/LTSB?

13. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    There a lot of scripts on this site and elsewhere to remove the store if you no longer want it. I see no need to make another one. -- Why reinvent the wheel? (rhetorical question)

Visualize the store? Do you mean to see the store? You should see the store once it is installed.

Bash? The only bash I know of is in Linux. :p Do you mean the command prompt? That is still in Windows.

14. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
  15. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
  16. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    In response to a few messages I have received concerning adding Windows Store into Windows Enterprise LTSB and the release of Red Stone 3 -----

Yes, RS3 (Red Stone 3) changes the store, however, this does not impact Windows Enterprise LTSB (now known as Windows Enterprise LTSC) since the store automatically updates to the latest version once it is install. ;) Windows Enterprise LTSC is based on Windows build 1607 also known as the Anniversary Update or simply, RS1 (Red Stone 1). Once the store automatically updates, everything is A-OK. This was true too for the release of RS2 (Red Stone 2), as it too had no impact on LTSC. There will be no Windows Enterprise LTSC 1709 (RS3 / Red Stone 3). It is not expected until 2019 that there will be a new Long Term Service Channel (LTSC) release. If you have Windows Enterprise LTSB 2016 (build 1607, Red Stone 1), you have the latest version and the store will automatically update to the current release of itself. ;)

I have no plans on updating the files in post #1 until either 1 of 2 things happens (whichever happens first).

1. It is required to continue to use the store and the store does not automatically update to the newest
    2. A new version of Windows Enterprise LTCS is released

Of those two, whichever happens first. Until either is true, there is no need for me to update the files attached and you have nothing to worry about. :)

17. maelcum

maelcum MDL Novice

Mar 19, 2011
    #337 maelcum, Oct 2, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
    First things first to all that have participated:
    :worthy: THANK YOU!!
    That worked like a charm. I used option 1 on LTSB 2016 and everything worked smoothly. The store updated itself and after a restart I was able to download apps without account (and the ones already purchased with an accout). Nice.
    :drink: Please have a <insert-favorite-beverage> on my account!

Some details:
    I think there is a small typo in the StoreRunMe.cmd (and I've seen somebody in this thread already mentioned it):
    regedit.exe /S Files\regedit2.regS
    should have no "S" at the end.
    The reason why that hasn't mattered in the past is that setting has no relevance. The line could just as well be left out.

Having said that, I assume the reason for the two registry entries is to facilitate the line
    powershell "& "".\Files\StoreDependencies.ps1"""
    Since this is calling a script, PowerShell needs permission to execute scripts, which it doesn't have on a stock installation.
    PowerShell itself offers the option to add parameters, one being the permission to execute scripts.
    That means there is no need for any Registry entry at all. Both regedit.exe-lines could be left out, when the PowerShell-line is changed to:
    powershell.exe "Start-Process PowerShell -ArgumentList '-ExecutionPolicy Bypass -NoLogo -NonInteractive -NoProfile -File .\files\StoreDependencies.ps1'"

And while we are at it:
    The script starts with a large section to check it is run with admin permissions and - if not - advise the user how to proceed.
    If I may, I would advise to simply check and change to the admin mode in the script. That way, it won't matter if the user read the instructions or not. Which would have shortened this thread by some posts...
    I've seen other solutions from murphy78 and (i think) DAZ and which do that by writing commands to a vbs file and then call the vbs file. That is a nifty solution but maybe it could be even shorter:
    >nul fltmc || powershell.exe "Start-Process cmd.exe -ArgumentList '/c %~f0' -Verb RunAs" && exit

So the script could be shortened to this:
    @echo off
    setlocal EnableExtensions EnableDelayedExpansion
    pushd %~dp0

:: check for and restart the script with admin rights if missing
    >nul fltmc || powershell.exe "Start-Process cmd.exe -ArgumentList '/c %~f0' -Verb RunAs" && exit

:: make target folder writeable
    takeown /F "%ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps"
    icacls "%ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps" /grant "Everyone":F

:: copy missing binaries
    xcopy /Q /H /E /I /K /O /X /Y ".\files\store_depends_from_enterprise" "%ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps\"

:: register missing binaries
    powershell.exe "Start-Process PowerShell -ArgumentList '-ExecutionPolicy Bypass -NoLogo -NonInteractive -NoProfile -File .\files\StoreDependencies.ps1'"

:: set necessary access permissions
    icacls "%ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps" /grant "ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES":F
    icacls "%ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps" /grant "NT SERVICE\TrustedInstaller":F
    icacls "%ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps" /grant "System":F

timeout /T 15
    and the two files Regedit1 and Regedit2 be deleted.

18. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    @maelcum Next time I have a fresh copy of Windows LTSB running, I'll have to review this. -- I know there is somewhere in the thread on why we cannot simply grant admin rights automatically (it was suggested before) and it did not work as designed. Which is why there is a reg file. But, I will revisit this at a later time.

19. harry_ds

harry_ds MDL Novice

Oct 7, 2017
    Like i know ltsb not support, but can you make clue or tutorial how make work with ltsb?

20. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    #340 GOD666, Oct 8, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
    Out of scope for this thread. Suggest you follow this thread since it's all about integration https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/msmg-toolkit.50572/ Or make your own thread asking for help on this matter.

I do not use (and have no interest in) the windows subsystem for Linux support and know little to nothing about it (I cannot help you). -- I use Linux directly & physically on my hard drive installed (dual-boot between Windows and Linux).