[GUIDE] Add Store to Windows 10 EnterpriseS SKU (LTSB/LTSC)

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Tito, Aug 9, 2016.

Run powershell as admin.and enter the cmd. (works on all windows 10 version)

to remove all apps
    Code:
    Get-AppxPackage -allusers | Remove-AppxPackage
    to restore all apps
    Code:
    Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    to remove all apps except store
    Code:
    Get-AppxPackage -allusers | where-object {$_.name –notlike "*store*"} | Remove-AppxPackage
    to remove all apps except store calculator paint sound recorder
    Code:
    Get-AppxPackage | where-object {$_.name –notlike "*store*"} | where-object {$_.name –notlike "*calculator*"} | where-object {$_.name –notlike "*mspaint*"} | where-object {$_.name –notlike "*soundrecorder*"} | Remove-AppxPackage

1. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    Updated only the linkage in the 1st post and the archive post for the ISO downloads.

2. whitestar_999

whitestar_999 MDL Addicted

Dec 9, 2011
    Assuming you meant updating all apps on LTSB 2016 to latest 1803 version then not all apps can be updated this way.e.g.there is no way to get latest version of MS edge on LTSB 2016 no matter what you do.

3. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Do you got developer mode set under settings ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. °ツ

°ツ MDL Addicted

Jun 8, 2014
    #485 °ツ, Apr 2, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
    Yes, it was already enabled but it doesn't matter, developer mode should not be needed I think.
    I tried to use the script from "store_without_xbox.zip" that's how I did on RS2, but now it does not work, maybe something has changed in RS4 or even in RS3.
    Using abbodi's script with appxbundle files from RS3 works but the store does not work so AOE keeps crashing.

5. Cahill

Cahill MDL Novice

Apr 4, 2018
    Thanks you so much for this suggestion! This is the first progress I've made in HOURS!

OK I'm facing the same problem.
    I uninstalled the Xbox app and the XboxIdentityProvider
    I downloaded the XboxIdentityProvider you linked through mega and installed it.

My error has now changed from (0x409) 0x80131509
    to
    (0x409) 0x80070002

Any ideas?

Also just working on a possible hunch, what's your version of the xbox app? Mine is 39.39.21002.00000
    If this differs from yours could you please upload your version.

Thanks in advance

6. Cahill

Cahill MDL Novice

Apr 4, 2018
    @GOD666 Firstly, love the release, the thread and all the hard work.

However it seems as though the Xbox app and Xbox Identity no longer work after downloading the updated versions from the store. It seems like this is a recent change in the last few days.

7. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Yes, all thanks to abbodi1406 :):)

8. Cahill

Cahill MDL Novice

Apr 4, 2018
    I got Xbox live working!

I started with error (0x409) 0x80131509
    Xbox live would load, and a box would pop up, sometimes with xbox and win10 text, but then disappear and I would be unable to sign in.

For anyone in the same situation I was in:
    Removing the Xbox apps through powershell did not work.

So, I did a complete format and reinstall of the win 10 ltsb .iso
    I turned off all options for tracking in windows setup (these setup options apparently do not affect xbox live connectivity)

On first boot, I went to settings | Update and security | check for updates
    (even though it did not show I needed to update)
    I did a full windows update which took about an hour

I then installed store from the script provided in the first post from this thread.

But!

before I did I deleted 2 files from the folder:
    |"
    Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_8wekyb3d8bbwe
    Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_2017.605.1240.0_neutral_-_8wekyb3d8bbwe
    "

After installing store with these two files removed, I followed the link provided by the_soft45 on page 45 of this thread.
    It's a mega.nz link for "xbox identity provider"

Install this first!!!

Then I did a normal search in the store for "xbox" and installed the normal "xbox" app (non beta although that would probably work too)

Launched Xbox app, and for the first time was able to sign in!

Thank you to everyone in this thread, thank you to GOD666 and the_soft45!

Hopefully my experience through this can help people experiencing my problem in the future

9. ShinGrey

ShinGrey MDL Novice

Apr 7, 2018
    Why cant install Mrthod 1 on Windows 10 LSTB 2015? Bat file writes: Error: This pack is for Windows 10 version 1607 and later.
    Were found pack for 2015?

10. slayerjuin

slayerjuin MDL Novice

Apr 22, 2018
    #491 slayerjuin, Apr 23, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2018

How did u install xbox identity provider?

add-appxpackage -path <path to download>\Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_2017.523.613.0_neutral_~_8wekyb3d8bbwe.AppxBundle

so i want to use this code !

i downloaded the appxbundle in this path: C:\Users\Dean\Downloads , do i need to edit the code to

add-appxpackage -path <C:\Users\Dean\Downloads>\Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_2017.523.613.0_neutral_~_8wekyb3d8bbwe.AppxBundle

it didnt work for me

11. slayerjuin

slayerjuin MDL Novice

Apr 22, 2018
    Can ruin my windows version or currupt data by trying out powershell stuff app related/windowsstore related i created so many new files during these processes?

also :

what ended up working for me, is the following:

1. Removed all apps

Get-AppxPackage -allusers | Remove-AppxPackage

restart

2. windows update

restart

3. restored

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

installed xbox Identity Provider

installed xbox app

4. after that i was able to log into xbox live

12. sungerbob

sungerbob MDL Junior Member

Nov 8, 2014
    h ttps://w ww.microsoft.com/store/apps/9wzdncrd1hkw

13. kubbik

kubbik MDL Novice

May 30, 2016
    Any chance to get the latest Microsoft.WindowsStore_11804.1001.8.0 AppxBundle and its license ?

14. mgreig

mgreig MDL Novice

Jan 2, 2010

First off - thanks for all the time and energy spent on making this happen.

I need to run LTSB 2015 (so I can also run Windows Media Center) - so running 2016 LTSB isn't an option unfortunately (running the standard, non-N version BTW). When I try to run the easy method with the automated script, I get the following error:

"Error: This pack is for Windows 10 version 1607 and later"

This is confusing, given the instructions show this installer is for "IF Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB 2015/2016 (LTSC)"

So my questions are:

1. Will the easy method work for 2015 LTSB? If yes, what am I doing wrong?
    2. If the easy method will not work for 2015 LTSB - can I use one of the other methods? i.e. - are the files in method 4 valid for 2015 LTSB and not *just* 2016 LTSB?
    3. Is there something else I'm missing here?

Thanks a ton

15. mgreig

mgreig MDL Novice

Jan 2, 2010
    Did you figure this out - having the same issue...

16. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    This has been true for some time now (which is why post #1 gives him sole credit... Also been true for some time now).

With the exception of only 1 computer, everything I use and run uses Linux now. Even my phone which I am typing this reply on uses Linux (Andriod).

With the exception of occasionally answer support request, testing, and updating the thread, this really has become @abbodi1406 project. If he doesn't oppose the idea, I'd be OK with the staff granting him ownership if the thread or if he wishes to start fresh with his own... The only reason why I have not suggested sooner is I figured he was OK with me taking on the support request (most of which are the same questions and answers repeatedly annoying over and over by people who either don't read or screwed up their PC, to begin with) and that he was content not to be bothered with such nagging inquiries. Lol

But whatever the case, I would ask that people here, please recognize the work and effort abbodi1406 has been doing since this really has become his project at this point. I'm happy to answer questions (time allowing) and occasionally update the post as I have been, but the real credit at the end of the day is abbodi1406's as he is the one really running things now.

17. SirWobbyTheFirst

SirWobbyTheFirst MDL Novice

Sep 1, 2017
    Office 2019 Preview has been released, has anyone had a desmond at running it on LTSB 2016? Just given Microsoft was looking to only support Office 19 on non-LTSB based builds of Windows 10.

18. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    Do you want to be the first? I can try but it won't be until later as I don't have it installed at the moment.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...