[GUIDE] Add Store to Windows 10 EnterpriseS SKU (LTSB/LTSC)

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Tito, Aug 9, 2016.

1. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
  2. freiwald

freiwald MDL Senior Member

Jul 27, 2015
    #522 freiwald, Jun 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    i have used OO shutup and even tho i have enabled !!everything!! in OO shutup, none of those things interfered with this store version you released..
    also everything works just fine without any kind of microsoft account, you don't need a microsoft account in your windows version and you also don't need a microsoft account in the store.
    when an app in the store isn't available for your version (1607) it tells you to upgrade your windows version and you aren't able to download the app at all. there is no download button then.

so i don't think any of those things are the case here.
    still you are kinda right. the service which i have disabled years ago, interfered with my store downloads/updates. so this was my fault.
    but there was also a problem for me that no apps at all didn't even started at first, the store on the other hand loaded up just fine.
    this wasn't my fault, i needed to give the windowsapps folder more rights. after that they worked. so that was not my fault, because i haven't changed anything to user right managements or so in the past.

just saying that it's not EVERYTIME the users fault. mostly it is, but not always.

3. whitestar_999

whitestar_999 MDL Addicted

Dec 9, 2011
    Changes in system folder rights,that too which decreases permissions,don't happen by chance.You might have triggered this even without knowing it by using some script/program/tool/command in the past.Now I agree there is a difference between doing something intentionally & doing something unintentionally but the fact remains that more you deviate from vanilla windows install more are the chances that it is your system at fault with or without your consent.

4. freiwald

freiwald MDL Senior Member

Jul 27, 2015
    i just installed windows 10 pro 1803 and updated the system with windows update and updated all the apps in the store.
    removed stuff like zune weather app and so on, i think i didn't removed any needed files.
    if any one wants them so the OP can update the post please let me know and i will update them.

in the meantime i try to convert them to appx so i can install them on my own.

5. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    It's one of the reasons why I keep recommending people add the store 1st after installing Windows before you do anything else (or 2nd if you really want to update windows first). But generally speaking, once you start using apps to change the system, it is nearly impossible for me to know what new unknown thing someone else has done.

The scope of the support offered is really simple: Does it work after a fresh install without any additional software or configuration? If yes, no fix needed.

It was never my intention to support every possible change known and unknown someone could make. That may not please everyone, but this is, after all, a free project and at this point, most of the original developers have moved on and the one person helping me the most (abbodi1406) have their own personal projects to focus on. -- Even I, today, use primarily Linux as my primary OS.

But even if that wasn't the case, I don't want to spend forever diagnosing someone else's intentional or unintentional changes, especially with the nature of MDL... ie... This site is full of 3rd party scripts and apps designed to chop up Windows 10 into personalized homebrews or remove system settings that a normal user wouldn't even know exist... Which is fine... It is one of the many things I like about MDL and I believe it is why many of us are here, but the store is one of those exceptions where it works best when you've not done that and I don't want to play whack-a-mole. lol :p -- It is what it is.

Heads up, after the release of Windows Enterprise LTSC 2018, I'll likely outright ignore anyone who is using Windows Enterprise LTSB 2015, because honestly, I'll be surprised if any app will work after that and if you somehow are lucky that the few you use do still work, I don't want to address all the many people who will "cry me a river" over how their app choices don't work in that older build. -- We're already seeing some games tell people that the 2016 edition isn't good enough, because of the system requirements (which, by the way, are listed on most apps within the store, but people seem to ignore them... ie... Folks don't read). At which point, 2016 may still receive some attention afterword, but not indefinitely, for the previously mentioned reason (Apps developers are already dropping support for it).

6. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
  7. whitestar_999

whitestar_999 MDL Addicted

Dec 9, 2011
    Excellent post @GOD666 in fact I just saw a post on telemetry thread where a user was having issue of non working spell checker in browser & turned out the reason was a blocked url in a privacy settings script.:)

8. windows builder

windows builder MDL Guru

Sep 13, 2017
    The Store is updated and other apps is installed, but is very very very slowly. About two hours

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. windows builder

windows builder MDL Guru

Sep 13, 2017
    Mail and Calendar are crashing on startup.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. windows builder

windows builder MDL Guru

Sep 13, 2017
  11. jonaaa

jonaaa MDL Member

Jul 20, 2015
  12. windows builder

windows builder MDL Guru

Sep 13, 2017
  13. windows builder

windows builder MDL Guru

Sep 13, 2017
  14. jonaaa

jonaaa MDL Member

Jul 20, 2015
    Maybe the problem is on your OS, probably you changed anything that broke the OS...

15. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    Both are not included with the package in post #1 and are out of the scope of the support for this thread. -- Suggest you uninstall them and reinstall them as you would any other app.

16. windows builder

windows builder MDL Guru

Sep 13, 2017
    Installed the OneCalendar app and this application works is great.

17. windows builder

windows builder MDL Guru

Sep 13, 2017
    @GOD666
    To the First method, you can add a recommendation that you need to Reset the application after installing the Store and after its first start.

How I can to hide apps list in Start?

18. Feniksrising

Feniksrising MDL Member

Nov 27, 2016
    HAL why doesn't Bing work you stupid machine!
    Dave you blocked Bing in hosts...