Adding Updates to an ISO file / merging x64 and x86 together?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Hyflex, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Hyflex

Hyflex MDL Novice

Apr 24, 2013
    Hey,

I've not done this before but I'm trying to learn how to create an updated windows 7 installation disk.

I've downloaded:
    - X17-59465.iso (Windows 7 Ultimate, x64 architecture)
    - Windows® AIK for Windows® 7
    - RT Seven Lite

I'm unsure how I am supposed to work out what updates to add.

How do I work out what ones I need to add?

How can I merge x64 and x86 architecture ISO's together to make a fully upto date complete ultimate disk?

Thanks in advance
    - Hyflex

2. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
  3. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    I have just used this app and I am in the middle of testing the install.
    I did not intergrate any updates but I am testing the CERT and KEY install out. Plus I have changed the background image of the installer. Worked well that.

Try this out for what you need to do, I bet it works well adding the updates.

4. Hyflex

Hyflex MDL Novice

Apr 24, 2013
    I've downloaded the following:

All Security Updates (56)
    All Non-Security Updates (62)
    Service Packs (1) <-- Unsure as to why this is needed, because I downloaded X17-59465.iso (Windows 7 Ultimate, x64 architecture) which is the refresh version on SP1...
    All .Net 3.5.1 Framework Updates (8)
    All MS Security Products (2)
    Optional Updates: IE 10.0.0.4, Silverlight 5, System Update Readiness Tool, Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Tool, Windows Management Framework 3.0, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5, DirectX End User Runtimes (7)
    Language Packs: English (1)
    Adobe Flash Player(s) (2)

Unsure if I need all of them and unsure about the display drivers (what if I used the same disk on an AMD and also a Nvidia computer would it cause issues?)

I've no idea how to merge them into the ISO as the instructions are somewhat unclear as there are .exe, .msi and .cab files.

5. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    First thing to do is extract the files from the .iso image. Magic ISO is a good tool for this.

Then grab the tool I mentioned earlier.
    http://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/36058-Windows-Download-Integrator

Run it and you will see options on what you can add. I am not sure about some of those you have downloaded. I.E 10, pretty sure that cant be intergrated.
    Just stick with the important and critical updats and let M.Soft updater get the rest once the new system in running.

Adding Nvidia drivers is complicated, don't know why. Read this thread
    http://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/43067-Integrate-latest-Nvidia-drivers.

I have personally stopped adding drivers into my install.wim and jut do them all manually.

Another thing you mentioned at first was making a new .iso image. I have stopped doing this to, I just use an 8 gig USB 3 stick. Speeds up the install quite a lot.

Hope this helps..