Adobe Flash Player...Updating every 1 to 2 hours??????

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by DARKOR04, Nov 15, 2010.

1. DARKOR04

DARKOR04 MDL Tester/Developer

Jul 5, 2010
    I have lately notice my adobe flash player in Internet Explorer 8 (W7 Professional 32bit) its reciveing and update every 1 to 2 hours, don't know why this is happening... What you think about it???? Virus, Mlaware, Something???

I run Malwarebytes 1.46 Full system Scan Nothing found, Run ESET Smart Security 4 Home Edition Nothing found, delete all cookies and temp files everything with Privacy Guardian... and it keep coming...

Note: When writing this thread it comes again.... so what its really happening?

2. inuit

inuit MDL Novice

Nov 11, 2010
    check here your flash settings, copy this next line to your browser:
    macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager06.html

3. DARKOR04

Jul 5, 2010
    #3 DARKOR04, Nov 15, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
    (OP)
    Okay thanks, but the Settings Panel do not show up, and another update comes again Adobe Flash Player 10.1 I installed it, restart IE8 but still the panel do not show up... :(

I check with youtube and other sites alike and the player its installed and fine.... but still coming the v10.1 update??????

Edit1:
    OMG another update come's up this is the 9 time I installed it and it keep coming... its driving me crazy... and the settings panel do not show up...???

4. inuit

inuit MDL Novice

Nov 11, 2010
    Uninstall Flash Player | Windows
    kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/uninstall_flash_player.exe

5. potjevleesch

potjevleesch MDL Addicted

Aug 7, 2010
    run spybot too !

6. DARKOR04

Jul 5, 2010
    Okay I uninstalled it with YourUninstaller 2010 v7.0.2010.30 in super mode, then run Ccleaner 3.00.1310 (x2), then run Auslogics Registry Cleaner v2.0.5.50 (x2), then TuneUp 1-Click Maintenance (2011) (x2), then reboot and run all them again just to make sure and Installed Flash Player v10.1.... have past about 4 Hours so far so good, no updates poping up....

I think there's was an error when installed the first time or something... really don't know let see if something comes up in a few hours I let you know...

Note: Still can't see the Settings Manager in Adobe Site :(

7. DARKOR04

Jul 5, 2010
    #7 DARKOR04, Nov 19, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
    (OP)
    A message from Adobe: about whats happening with this update thing....

"With the release of Adobe Acrobat and Reader X (pronounced "ten" if you're curious), Adobe is also releasing security updates for earlier versions of those products.
    As detailed in Security Bulletin APSB10-28, version 9.4.1 of Reader and Acrobat incorporate recent updates to Flash and 2 Acrobat issues which had been revealed in the past few weeks (here and here).
    Version 9.4.1 of Acrobat is now available for Windows and Mac, and of Reader for Windows, Mac and UNIX. These issues do not affect Adobe Reader for Android.
    Adobe also issued a warning that the release of Acrobat and Reader X is likely to inspire Internet-based scams involving fake updates, phishing and the like. It's worth being alert to such things and to make sure to obtain software only through a reliable channel.
    Adobe hasn't had the opportunity much to follow their own schedule, but the next scheduled update for Reader and Acrobat will be February 8, 2011."

Don't know if this apply to Flash but it much alike as happening with Acrobat And Reader X.....