Adobe Reader 11.0.06 update impossible

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Fennec, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Fennec

Fennec MDL Junior Member

Jun 11, 2015
    All proceeds normally, but during the installation a message is displayed (see attached screenshot) and everything stops. What is the solution ? Thank you.

Capture 1.PNG

2. fkar

fkar MDL Recognized Advisor

Nov 3, 2012
    I guess AcroRead.msi (which is a part of uninstaller) belongs to version 11.0.3 is removed from the path it's popping up default. Try to remember whether you cleaned msi files. If yes, try to remember the date and do a system restore of that date before you cleaned.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Fennec

Fennec MDL Junior Member

Jun 11, 2015
    #4 Fennec, Oct 18, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
    (OP)
    @ Fkar. Frankly, I do not know if I inadvertently cleaned this way, for I am no computer. In fact, is it Acroread.msi a file Adobe Reader 11.0.3 or Windows 10? I installed the 11.0.6 version, but not the 11.0.3 release.

@ Blueingreen. I have the DVD version 11.0.6, but I do not know where to find these famous msi.

Eventually I downloaded from the Adobe website the latest version: Adobe Reader DC 2015. This is more convenient and my problem disappeared.

Thank you to both of you for your answers.

4. fkar

fkar MDL Recognized Advisor

Nov 3, 2012
    AcroRead.msi is a part of adobe reader.

BTW, glad to know that your problem ia resolved.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...