Adobe Reader 9.4.0

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by mrdarkgod, Oct 6, 2010.

1. mrdarkgod

mrdarkgod MDL Member

Feb 13, 2010
  2. gamepoint

gamepoint MDL Senior Member

Jan 4, 2010
    thanx man~

3. Matrix Leader

Matrix Leader MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2009
    thanks dude

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. DARKOR04

DARKOR04 MDL Tester/Developer

Jul 5, 2010
  5. Lich King

Lich King MDL Addicted

Sep 24, 2009
    Indeed Foxit Reader is bloatfree :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. subble

subble MDL Novice

Sep 5, 2009
    While it will not necessarily avoid any 0-day vulnerabilities, there is a slimmed down version of Adobe Reader currently maintained by XhmikosR, called "Adobe Reader Lite." Adobe Reader Lite has been around for a few years now, going back to at least Adobe Reader 7, and I have been a regular user. I see that there is already a version 9.4.0.31 of Adobe Reader Lite.

I am sorry that I cannot include actual links in this post. I guess I need a few more posts before I can do that.

Below are search terms for google that will bring up the relevant web pages if you want to review them.

XhmikosR's Page:
    google "site xhmikosr"

XhmikosR's SourceForge Profile:
    google "sourceforge user xhmikosr"

A Discussion of Transferring Maintenance of Adobe Reader Lite from Shark007 (original creator) to XhmikosR:
    google "adobe reader 9.1 corporate lite"

It's still more "bloated" than FoxIt. But, if you find FoxIt does not render all your PDF's properly, you might consider it as an alternative.

Disclaimer: I do not know Shark007 or XhmikosR. I have no personal interest in Adobe Reader Lite. I am only trying to give back in return for all that I have learned here.

7. xrdguy

xrdguy MDL Novice

Feb 17, 2010
    I use foxit phantom and its small size bloatware free pdf reader and maker. It works fast as well.

8. sonomazr2

sonomazr2 MDL Novice

Oct 28, 2009
    automatically updated for me.

9. WhiteZero

WhiteZero MDL Junior Member

Nov 29, 2009
    I use Foxit as well, but it's not as fast when viewing PDFs in-browser. Oh well, small price to pay.

10. Ni3am

Ni3am MDL Novice

May 15, 2010
    Ive gotta say acrobat is the worst adobe program ive dealt with in terms of bloat, maintenance and speed!

11. mattrb

mattrb MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2009
    Foxit got bloated just like Reader.

I use Sumatra.

12. Orz

Orz MDL Novice

Oct 15, 2010
    Thanks a lot. I have already update it.

13. SupremeSabre

SupremeSabre MDL Junior Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Instead of READER, let me share my own experience with Acrobat 9.4, Infix PDF editor and Foxit editor.

Acrobat--bloatware, has a million features you don't need but doesn't have simple ones that is commonly needed. When i tried to edit some text it says i do not have the font. The same font is editable when using Infix. However, Infix gives me nasty clipping problems(text horizontally sliced) which is non-existent when using acrobat. Foxit....is extremely difficult to use and i'd consider it the worst among those 3. Also, acrobat's OCR can be useful if you have many scanned PDF docs.

14. spinalGR

spinalGR MDL Senior Member

Oct 16, 2014
    where to find this lite version ?

15. pm67310

pm67310 MDL Guru

Sep 6, 2011
    use adobe reader classic track 2020 ( last build without ads )

you have update for this build in 2023