Advanced Disinfection Scan Stuck on 1%, 0 Files scanned

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by kumaramy, Dec 27, 2015.

1. kumaramy

kumaramy MDL Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Hello.
    I am using Kaspersky Internet Security Trial version. My Antivirus showed Scan Advanced Disinfection. So I clicked on it and then it started. But even after 1 hour of starting the scan, it is still stuck on 1% and 0 files scanned. I tried to stop it but there is no button to stop. I tried to restart my laptop by clicking start menu but the restart button is disabled. I tried to open internet explorer and any other program but none is opening. When I try to open any other program, it says "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. you may not have the appropriate permission to access the item."
    Then I tried restarting my laptop but pressing power button. It restarted but while restarting, it showed "Resuming Windows" And then same picture of 1% stucked scanning on my laptop. I am not even able to shut down the laptop. When I try to open task manager, it also says "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. you may not have the appropriate permission to access the item."
    Please help.
    Thank you.

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    You'll need to start the computer/Windows as administrator at first stage!

If you still could access the TaskManager by using Ctrl + Alt + Del (as administrator only) try to use that to end the process for Kaspersky (and any other apps don't need to be run). Maybe you'll need to use to do all those from within the Command Prompt (CMD, as Administrator)!

You could also try to start Windows in Safe Mode (as Administrator) using to boot from an Windows Installation device (DVD/UDB Flash drive) and go to the Advanced Repair Options!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    I read what was and what is now. There isn't anything to improve, but if you want to, you can spend your time simply.
    At first You must to get clean Windows without errors.
    Then - don't install anymore any malware - including Kaspersky. Especially want recommend, don't install any such software, what You don't need never and about what You don't know nothing more, but have read only commercial advertisements.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. kumaramy

kumaramy MDL Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Thanks guys. I couldn't/didn't do anything of this. I finally removed battery while it stucked and started my laptop after attaching battery again. Windows is working fine now. I did check sfc /verifyonly. No integrity or violation found. But removing battery is not a good option. So, in future, my antivirus can block programs again while Advanced disinfection scanning. So, please tell me how to use windows as administer because last time and all the time, I use my laptop as administrator. I don't think I wasn't an administrator. I think it was the antivirus which temporary blocked the programs and itself got hanged may be.