Advanced Tokens Manager: Windows 8 Pro w/ media center

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Usersname, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Usersname

Usersname MDL Novice

Dec 19, 2010
    I activated Windows through the promotion in which M$ was giving away free media center keys. I'd like to use Advanced Tokens Manager to backup my activation but have been running into a problem when attempting to restore the activation.

I was able to backup my activation successfully however after reformatting and reinstalling windows 8 pro and downloading the media center add-on I was not able to restore my activation.

Am I doing something wrong?

2. Atari800XL

Atari800XL MDL Addicted

Apr 3, 2011
    Tell us exactly what you did. Are all files there in the backup? The subfolder "Windows Activation Backup" with data.dat and tokens.dat?
    It worked for me, and is the only way I can keep ProWMC "activated" (the other data.dat method doesn;t work for me anymore, not even with a "valid" file...) So good thing I had my ATM backups!! I did numerous reinstalls, both x86 and x64 on same PC, 1 ATM backup works for both.

(Edit: for me, it worked without copying data.dat *before* the ATM restore.)

3. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Atari800XL

Atari800XL MDL Addicted

Apr 3, 2011
    Sorry, but maybe your tool is better than you think :biggrin:. I installed Windows 8 ProWMC from a wim made with the HowTo from the "Creating a AIO with ProWMC only etc". I backed up the activation back in oct/nov (just to be sure), and tested a restore last week. For me, it works! But maybe that's bacause I reinstalled from that modified wim?
    As I said, the "data.dat" method doesn't work for me anymore (even after copying it a second time, reinstalling with /ipk etc.), so ATM is a very elegant solution with its nice GUI!!! A Pro tool for a Pro OS!

5. NABAKUMAR

NABAKUMAR MDL Member

Sep 10, 2012
    I had also installed Windows 8 Pro, activated by KMS and then upgraded to WMC by free Microsoft Key. Yesterday, i re-installed Windows 8 Pro with WMC (made with Deltas available here at MDL), then installed Office 2013 and finally restored the Activation Backup by Advanced Tokens Manager.

It works flawlessly. My both Windows 8 and Office 2013 got activated at an instant. Thanks to Josh Cell for the amazing piece of Software. :biggrin5:

6. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    Thanks for reporting the experience with the release candidate version.. Is always appreciated. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Usersname

Usersname MDL Novice

Dec 19, 2010
    Problem solved - thanks everyone. What a great program!

8. mgrsoft

mgrsoft MDL Novice

Aug 6, 2009
    Please provide Link for Windows 8 Pro with WMC (made with Deltas available here at MDL)......

9. mgrsoft

mgrsoft MDL Novice

Aug 6, 2009
    Unfortunately not able to download X86 Version link, is there any other link???

10. mgrsoft

mgrsoft MDL Novice

Aug 6, 2009
    #12 mgrsoft, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2013

Yes i have activation backup.. Please help me how to Convert Pro ISO to Pro-WMC?? Any tool or procedure?? Since my earlier installed WMC got crashed, i want to reinstall.. In that delta link When i click on Download tab, its reopening same page but not downloading any file...

11. NABAKUMAR

NABAKUMAR MDL Member

Sep 10, 2012
  12. mgrsoft

mgrsoft MDL Novice

Aug 6, 2009
    Thank u, But unfortunately my badluck. When i try to download that torrent Showing error "Failure: Your IP address has changed. Download and open th torrent file again." Sorry to disturb u again, If u already having that file pls provide me... :(

13. NABAKUMAR

NABAKUMAR MDL Member

Sep 10, 2012
    No Problem...i'll share the link once uploaded.

14. mgrsoft

mgrsoft MDL Novice

Aug 6, 2009

Thank u... LostED has given me link n downloaded. Now my doubt is the do i need to enter same free WMC key while Win8 installation???

15. mgrsoft

mgrsoft MDL Novice

Aug 6, 2009
    Thank u all for ur wonderfull guidance. I have successfully restored license because of this forum.....:worthy: