Advent 5421 original bios request ?

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by logicwatch, Jun 27, 2011.

1. logicwatch

logicwatch MDL Senior Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Hi

Im having real issues trying to locate the original bios for a Advent 5421 laptop.
    Heres my situation.
    I wish to flash this laptop with a updated bios which enables auto wifi on boot up instead of having to continually switch wifi on using the FN + F10 keys afer much searching I located this updated bios and Im ready to go.
    However I thought it would be sensible to have a original bios backup just in case !

However tracking this down is proving to be almost impossible Ive tried Gericom and Uniwell the original manufacturers and they both appear to have removed the bios files from download ? ( cant think why ? )
    Obviously the techguys site or whatever it now is called is a no go ( no surprise ? )
    alas I understand that it is not actually possible to make yor own back up of this particular phoenix bios so I am stuck and dont really want to risk the updated flash without being able to have a back up bios in case of failure !
    Can anybody suggest some help?
    regards

2. logicwatch

logicwatch MDL Senior Member

Jan 26, 2011
    If I use phlash 16 will it offer me the chance to back up the original bios before I flash the new one ? anybody ?
    thanks in advance:confused: