[Advice] Gaming laptop win7 compatible

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by togno, May 8, 2021.

1. togno

togno MDL Novice

Dec 25, 2019
    Hello,

I'm looking for a gaming laptop, recent, with a graphical card, compatible with win7.

I like MSI or dell but any brand will fit if the product is okay.

I don't ask for a super-recent laptop. Just something not too old, with a graphical card and a good CPU, that is still available in online shop.

Any answer or even tip would be awesome.

2. ma.prezentalok

ma.prezentalok MDL Junior Member

Oct 22, 2012
    Consumer/gaming notebooks are not very durable or very well engineered, can have issues with overheating or throttling, flexing plastics and especially can't keep their resale value. I would only buy previous gen premium class business Thinkpads but these are not very good for gaming I guess - I don't play that much and only with older games. So if I were you I'd buy a console or a pc for gaming purposes instead, but not a notebook, as you can't really upgrade it, build quality/support is not that good, and they can die after 3 years of use.

3. ExtremelyFancyUsername

Oct 17, 2018
    ThinkPad P5x or P7x should support Win7 quite easily.

4. TURTLESHROOM

TURTLESHROOM MDL Novice

Jul 9, 2021
    There is no such thing as a "gaming laptop", unless you are willing to shell out two thousand dollars or more. No brand new laptop on the market supports "Windows VII". A lot of them are even cutting corners and removing BIOS/Legacy support entirely. You will need an older, if not used, model. That will be even less of a "gaming laptop" than any contemporary laptop that is less than two thousand dollars.