aero problem

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by anima, Feb 28, 2011.

1. anima

anima MDL Junior Member

Feb 17, 2011
    hallo everyone today i was trying to change a theme to my pc when i realized that no matter what theme (from the ones i had install )i chose it didnt go aero .When i choose themes that windows had from the beggining it goes aero just fine.

can anyone help me with that prob cause i have a lot themes and its hard to find again.

i checked my GPU and it works fine

2. Trinket

Trinket MDL Senior Member

Feb 20, 2010
    First, there is a difference between 1) Themes, and 2) Visual Styles. What it sounds like is that you are trying to apply Themes that include modded visual styles (msstyles). If you try to apply these modded visual styles to original Windows they will not work. You would first have to patch the theme files in Windows. You can do this with an apps like Universal Theme Patcher or UXtheme Patcher. These apps will patch the system files responsible for displaying visual styles. Are you on a new install or did you install SP1 and not patch the files again, etc?

3. anima

anima MDL Junior Member

Feb 17, 2011
    thats probably it man ...i just installed the sp1.........you are awesome.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now i just have to patch them with UXtheme Patcher?????I take the files where they are installed and put them to the patcer????????

4. Trinket

Feb 20, 2010
    Yes, that should fix it for you. That app should do everything automatically for you, just run it and OK it. :) And reboot to be sure of course.

5. anima

anima MDL Junior Member

Feb 17, 2011
    thanks a lot man you are the best....it worked !!!

6. Trinket

Feb 20, 2010
    You're welcome ;)