After clean install only business account

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Gr4s5, Mar 29, 2022.

1. Gr4s5

Gr4s5 MDL Novice

Feb 12, 2016
    #1 Gr4s5, Mar 29, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2022
  2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  3. Gr4s5

Gr4s5 MDL Novice

Feb 12, 2016
    thanks for reply, but this is not my problem, i have win 10 pro, i know how to use offline account, i fear about this:

4. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    #4 Enthousiast, Mar 29, 2022
    Pro would have offered the option to either use a local account or an online account.

You most likely have installed Home, considering the laptop is pretty modern it will have a MSDM for Home, when you use a simple MCT ISO it will install Home by default,

When you want to install Pro on that laptop you need to use a pid.txt with the Pro key or the generic ei.cfg* inside the "ISO:\sources" folder.

* ei.rar
    (extract the ei.cfg from the rar)

When you don't use employer MSA then there is no way it can be monitored after a clean install.

Attached Files:

• ei.rar
      File size:
      98 bytes
      Views:
  5. Gr4s5

Gr4s5 MDL Novice

Feb 12, 2016
  6. case-sensitive

case-sensitive MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2013
    Did you wipe the hard disk first ? ........ or reformat it ?

7. Gr4s5

Gr4s5 MDL Novice

Feb 12, 2016
    its my own ssd, and yes i use hp bios secure erase utility and for sure moment ago i erase it with parted magic

8. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Wonderful. It still has to be an infinitely good and smart computer that knows your work account, email, etc,
    even if you've replaced hard drive and You're not in your companys local net.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. case-sensitive

Nov 7, 2013
    #9 case-sensitive, Mar 29, 2022
    kaljukass was faster :)

10. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    If it has a MSDM for Pro it would not let you choose what edition to install. it would have auto-selected Pro based on the MSDM.

Pro should let you select to either use an online account or a local account.

The company info still present is pretty weird when installing from boot, did you start setup.exe from the running windows or did you start from boot?

11. Gr4s5

Gr4s5 MDL Novice

Feb 12, 2016
    installing from boot (secure boot enabled), installation bid me to enter product number i choose i dont have product number, then it bid me to choose windows edition i choose windows 10 pro, then i choose to custom install pick disc (only one) after installation and restart i choose language, keyboard layout, in notebook is pluged ethernet cable so in network part its loading (longer than usual) then it say something like "we need restart pc to continue" (I met for the first time with this) and after restart i look at screen like on photo...

i have some experience with installation windows, my hobby is build/repair pc for people

12. case-sensitive

Nov 7, 2013
    If its trying to connect to the companys account with their email adress it must be stored somewhere on that computer = Either on an HDD or in the bios

= First wipe or format the hard disk and then install windows .

13. Gr4s5

Gr4s5 MDL Novice

Feb 12, 2016
    once again :)
    i think its not bios thing, because when i unplug ethernet cable i can use offline account

14. case-sensitive

Nov 7, 2013
    #14 case-sensitive, Mar 29, 2022
    What your saying doesnt make sense to me .

For it to try to connect to your firms account it must have that info stored somewhere on that computer and the only places that that info could be stored is Bios or a hard disk

15. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    Some thoughts:

The information could still be stored in the machine's TPM module. Try to clear it before installing anything. Remember, TPM is not only a crypto but also an ID chip.

or

The machine's HwID is associated with a Microsoft 365 subscription (or similar subscription type). The online installation detects this and wants to recover the subscription. With offline installation, it cannot be detected and the installation runs normally.

16. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Thinking adorns a person, but sometimes some thoughts are not true.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  17. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    Maybe, but even my thoughts are never unfounded, they are possibilities.

18. case-sensitive

Nov 7, 2013
    As i've never installed online ...... and never had anything to do with HWID ............ i havent got a clue about it :) ............ BUT :) .......... if the SSD has been changed ( And an M2 SSD has been added ? ) is that HWID still the same ?

>TPM module. Try to clear it before installing anything

How to do that please ?

19. case-sensitive

Nov 7, 2013
    Thank you .

@ Problem ( If it was me i'd be going nuts :) )

>To reset a TPM, you must provide a valid owner authorization value. You can enter an owner authorization value or specify a file that contains the value. If you do not provide a value, the cmdlet attempts to use a value stored in the registry.

As that value cant be stored in the register because its been wiped the OP would have to ask the company that he got the computer from for the autherisation value ?

and :)

As the only way to get at that value is either through BIOS ? .......... = If the bios has been wiped that TPM value would also have been wiped ?

OR through an installed system ? = Install offline and then delete the value ?