After flash bios can only config BIOS but not boot OS

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by oatjs, Aug 18, 2009.

1. oatjs

oatjs MDL Novice

Jul 18, 2007
    Anyone have a method to fix this bad flash

- Acer logo show / F2 can access BIOS can config
    - After bios initial it's black screen
    - Cridisk not work coz I press the fn+esc it still boot with acer logo but the light blink I use with my old cridisk that work in past 3 day

2. oatjs

oatjs MDL Novice

Jul 18, 2007
    I fixed thank you for interesting

3. Illian

Illian MDL Novice

May 30, 2008
    What you do?

4. oatjs

oatjs MDL Novice

Jul 18, 2007
    It's quite weired but it's simple.

First, I upgraded the bios from mod bios request with pflash16 on dos mode. Everything work perfect fine but ater reboot I lost the function of multiboot and BIOS not send to OS. It's easy to figure right. It's bad bios for sure but I face this problem many time then I use old crisdisk that I used in 3 day ago with same recovery method that not work. So I manage to report in the request post and wait for help coz he still on with crisdisk not work, I try even PM but nothing but my acer use the Fn+Esc to activate crisdisk mode if it's in cridisk mode the power LED and Power Button LED will blink Bluetooth Light on. After I press Fn+Esc and power on the function of cris mode seem like to work by the sign above but it's boot up and black screen not flash but only check, many times I try to reset BIOS It' NO LUCK at all.

So,This must be the last try for me I go into bios config then press F10 to save and exit and press Y to confirm and hold Fn+Esc but I thought it may not work I press power button imedietly and press again while hold the Fn+Esc by accdent :eek: no acer logo anymore Crisdisk work my TM back to normal.

Finally, for proving that not from the user error I flash that Modded BIOS again with winflash and result as the same as before but this time made me know the right problem and the right way to fix :

Just press Fn+Esc and Press Power Turn off and Turn On again as fast Crisdisk will work like charm :D

The problem might be this Modded BIOS Lost the Recovery Key press Delay Time

:):)

5. davjak

davjak MDL Novice

Aug 3, 2009
    I thought I'd found a thread that finally might have been able to help me, sadly this did not work for me either.. thx for sharing thought :)

6. ericchak

ericchak MDL Junior Member

Sep 3, 2009
    so do you success for any modded bios with SLIC2.1?
    tks

7. jayrock

jayrock MDL Novice

Aug 11, 2009
    Same problem here with a Samsung Q45 - any ideas which buttons to press to force a Crisdisk boot?

Cheers, jayrock