After "Suspend to Ram" (Standby-Mode) Windows looses it`s activation!

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Lord Extra, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Lord Extra

Lord Extra MDL Novice

Feb 4, 2009
    Sorry for my poor english!

At the moment i'm expieriencing Problems with my Windows 7 Activation. In Case of a Cold-Boot everything works fine. After waking up from Standby-Mode, the bios seems to loose it`s SLIC information, so that Windows isn't activated anymore. I'm using a MSI G41M-E43 Board. The Bios has been modded with amitool 161 an SLIC 2.1. Under normal conditions there are no problems, but after waking up, slic-toolkit doesn't find the slic. After a complette boot-cycle the slic information is there again.

Any hints oder suggestions?

2. pichu

pichu MDL Novice

May 9, 2008
    Wich method you used to mod your bios??

3. Lord Extra

Lord Extra MDL Novice

Feb 4, 2009
    Hi!

The other day I have used the Ami-Bios-Mod-Tool (afaik) Version 1.61. Because it's an amibios (Core 8.00) which works on MSI-Board, I've used the SSV2 Method to mod the rom-File. In the tool I left every option unchanged, which means that the tool made everthing by default. Under normal conditions the Bios works very well. The problems occur after Standby-Mode has been left already. Then its needs a complete Boot-Cycle to solve the problem. At the moment I'm using an other Mainboard, which has been left here for some later use. With the other board (Asus-Bios (Ami Core 8.00 too) with SSV3 Method).
    No Problems with that.

greets...