Ahhh, The Good 'Ole Quicklaunch Is Still There To Use

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by ChaserLee, Oct 15, 2014.

1. ChaserLee

ChaserLee MDL Senior Member

Oct 7, 2014
    I like the new Windows 10 Start Menu, don't get me wrong. But I also like the Quicklaunch toolbar too! And just like in previous versions of Win7, 8, and 8.1, the Quicklaunch can be enabled the same way. I don't put a lot of programs on that toolbar, but the ones I use most often, I have on there. I realize I could have used the Win + X Menu editor to do the same thing, and then all I would have to do is Right click on the Start Menu icon, and the apps would have shown up in that menu, but I'm just set in my ways of using Quicklaunch.

Just an FYI for those of you who care.....

Chaser

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    I use that quicklaunch since 7, so in 10 from day one! I'm realy like to work with the Right Click function since they were enabled in windows year back and ever since I automatically check on every button, task or what so ever, what the Right Click will come up with!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ChaserLee

Oct 7, 2014
    I couldn't agree with you more!!!!!

4. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
  5. ChaserLee

Oct 7, 2014
  6. ChaserLee

Oct 7, 2014
  7. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    Can't remember as I uninstalled the Win 10 TP.

8. ChaserLee

Oct 7, 2014
    Well, to refresh your memory, they are much thinner than in previous versions of Windows. I don't believe you'd have use for 'tiny borders' in Windows 10. That's one mod you probably would not have to do anymore...

Chaser

9. ChaserLee

Oct 7, 2014
    #12 ChaserLee, Oct 16, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
    (OP)
  10. ChaserLee

Oct 7, 2014
    Nevermind, I found out how, even though it's a sort of workaround for me. I don't like to combine the taskbar buttons, but it seems that's the only way to remove the labels, so I'll have to live with that option.....

Onwards and forwards..........

Chaser

11. ChaserLee

Oct 7, 2014
  12. Cali4niaWK

Cali4niaWK MDL Member

Feb 13, 2010
    I use Quicklaunch all the time myself too. Im just waiting for them to remove it soon im sure, but in the meantime im using the crap out of it. :biggrin:

13. ChaserLee

Oct 7, 2014
    I believe that so many users like the feature, that if MS removes it, someone will find a way to bring it back, just like the various start menus that were created for Windows 8.1 .

14. Terepin

Terepin MDL Senior Member

Sep 19, 2012
    So wait, you need to have small icon that opens the same bigger icon next to it?

15. Polyester

Polyester MDL Junior Member

Sep 4, 2014
    Hey guys,
    Did window 10 release to sell recently?

16. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Where are you living? Windows 10 is just an Technical Preview (yet), means: even before Alpha Stage!!