Aio

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by lunar21, Sep 16, 2013.

1. lunar21

lunar21 MDL Addicted

Dec 14, 2008
    Hello all,

I was wanting to make an AIO with win 7, win 8, win 8.1, server 2012 and server 2012R2. Is there a simple program I could use to do this? If not, if there a detailed instructions on how to do this?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Pareto Optimal

Pareto Optimal MDL Senior Member

Jun 2, 2012
    How can there be a 16 GB AIO? Is that on a BR disc?

3. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    USB pen drive, i would assume :cool2:.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    or HD dvd tho I don't think anyone has those.
    No actually it's designed for people who install from USB flash drives.

5. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    Well there's a simple way of stuffing all the indexes into a single install.wim and using the win81x86 setup files and just copy/paste the install.wim over it and re-iso it.
    It's obviously a little more involved than that as you have to distinguish the x86 and x64 versions and change some of the names to reflect their titles, but that's about all there is to it.

Of course there are problems with this method. It doesn't work for vista, which uses a single partition, or winserver2011 which uses 3 partitions by default.

If you want to save yourself a bunch of time and effort you could get the superaio v3 i put on tpb or wait until the spring2014 isos become available.
    At which time I'll do a superaio v4. I'm currently working on a custom diskpart/apply menu, but depending when we get the updated isos, it may or may not be included in the v4.
    It's really easy to take for granted the work that ms did in their setup installer as far as the different partitioning, index listing, etc. The only problem is that it gives you a default recovery partition in GPT, which you may not want, and it makes your MBR system partition large enuf to store the winre.wim inside; which you also might not want.

I'm really learning a lot working on this project of mine, but it still needs a lot of work.
    I don't think I'll be happy until it can both mimic ms's install options (create different sized partitions, install to different partitions, etc)
    and also give you the option of whether or not to move winre.wim to the system/recovery partitions and/or export a copy of install.esd to use as a push-button reset image.

When I get those things working correctly, I'll be decently happy. Till then, there's a lot of trial and error.

6. Pareto Optimal

Jun 2, 2012
    Do you have a link to your SuperAIO? What media does it require?
    Thank you

7. lunar21

lunar21 MDL Addicted

Dec 14, 2008
    Cant wait for the SuperAIO v4. Your v3 has saved my life (and saved my IT dept) many times. Keep up the great work, will be looking out for your v4 soon :)

8. FeelGood1969

FeelGood1969 MDL Novice

Jul 26, 2013
    it would be very interesting how i can do this.

i have created my own win7 aio and win 8 with server 2012 aio, but i have already read that there is now way for a win 7 / 8 aio because of the different bootmanager

9. Pareto Optimal

Jun 2, 2012
    how can I find murphy78's list of downloads on tpb?