Alan-The Flashlight-Wake

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by 60cent, Feb 27, 2012.

1. 60cent

60cent MDL Senior Member

May 31, 2011
    #1 60cent, Feb 27, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    To be honest I found it very boring!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    It's rare I comment on anything game related as I don't game much anymore, but Alan Wake is one of the few games I actually like. It's more about the story and atmosphere and you probably won't like it if you're an action junkie. Yes, it has it's action moments but it's no Resident Evil or Dead Space.

As you progress through the story the "darkness" becomes stronger and more things will attack you. It's kind of neat and I like that it's different to most other games :) However, I do tend to lean towards games like Dead Space these days. Resident Evil 6 is something that looks amazing to me too.

4. half Man Half Biscuit

half Man Half Biscuit MDL Addicted

Jun 1, 2011
    #4 half Man Half Biscuit, Feb 29, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
    Mmmmmm really rare to see you around these threads DAZ

The story is really good,your right on that one.
    The thing i don´t like is it´s always the same,they could have made it much much better imo.The dark atmo is great,dark creatures are fine too,but change something in the battles.
    You run few seconds around,suddenly black creatures appear and attack,you kill them and then again the same procidure all over again.

About Deadspace,played both and both where great games.DS 2 was at the end pretty hard imo,but it made fun. :)
    Resident Evil 6 what i´ve seen from trailers so far,looks awesome :hug2:
    RE 5 was great too,made much fun to play.
    RE games are really hard to play,you always lack AMO.
    After the 5th lose (mission) i get very fast pissed,i´m always on the edge to uninstall the game how angry i get LOL :eek:
    But then i cool done and start again and i get through the mission somehow LOL

IMHO Call of Juarez Bound in Blood is one of the best games out there,awesome graphic,story is great,has some really hard missions (i like to play hard games,wont get boring :p) and i loved the landscape of the game.

5. kwadie

kwadie MDL Novice

Mar 2, 2012
    Its fun for like 20 min and then you have to play something else otherwise it gets boring