Alas, here lies Vista.............

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by ioniancat21, Apr 23, 2010.

1. ioniancat21

ioniancat21 MDL Member

Apr 27, 2008
    With all the buzz surrounding Windows 7 and Office 2010, it seems as if Vista has truly taken a backseat to all the attention it once received. As time presses forward, Vista's presence and footprint in the world is slowly diminishing. On the bright side, Microsoft will be focusing on Windows 7 and Office 2010 now so users of Vista and Office 2003-2007 will not be so "under the radar" so it may be the right time to jump aboard and use Vista. Also, it's now a mature OS so many of the problems with it are resolved.

I myself didn't have many issues with Vista and thought the OS was a positive step forward and part of the evolution of Microsoft OS technology and they learned much from the experience, as evident in Windows 7, which users are finally satisfied with.

2. pkaji123

pkaji123 MDL Addicted

Aug 22, 2009
    And the use of posting this here?

3. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    I suppose because he felt like it lol I find it kinda amusing cause Vista was just crud....

4. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    I don't know, I was thinking about starting a similar thread about Win-ME. We should all switch to ME, we would definitely be under the radar then.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Siliwangi

Siliwangi MDL Member

Aug 11, 2009
    sorry dude, i think this is not useful thread..:)

6. ioniancat21

ioniancat21 MDL Member

Apr 27, 2008
    I posted this here because this is the Vista section of the forum and I'm talking about Vista, which sounded logical. Secondly, I didn't say in my post above that everyone out there should run with Vista and forget Windows 7 and all the newest content, I merely stated an opinion that Microsoft would not have the resources to focus their attention on protecting all their offerings so logically, they'll protect their newest content, which is Windows 7 and Office 2010. I noticed this pattern before with previous Microsoft products and as you'll notice, their not making many activation updates for Windows XP and Office 2003 anymore.

Sorry if you found my opinion offensive.........

7. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    I personally think Vista was a step in the right direction and in reallity 7 is just Vista majorly tweaked and re-vamped. Naturally MS are paying more attention to W7 so to be fair ioniancat21 has a point. Different people, different OS's. Even with 7 around many stay with XP.... It's a matter of personal choice in the end. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Guilty....I am an avid XP user...if it ain't broke and all...;)

I do appreciate some aspects of W7 though..I really like the aeropeek.

9. kanner

kanner MDL Novice

Apr 28, 2010
    At least Shirky looks at literature as something more than

a discursive medium! But, hey, if you want lit as discursive medium, I suggest you study in the university

system of China.`

10. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    Vista and 7 have a lot in common, so most things they could make to reduce piracy (like wat) are compatible are need little changes to be compatible with vista. So I don't see why they wont bring that tools to vista if it needs little work to do that.

11. ioniancat21

ioniancat21 MDL Member

Apr 27, 2008
    #11 ioniancat21, May 5, 2010
    Last edited: May 5, 2010
    (OP)
    Thanks for understanding...............

I think of Vista as the forefather to Windows 7. Without Vista and it's shortcomings, Microsoft wouldn't have been in the pickle it was and probably Windows 7 wouldn't be as good as it is right now as Vista forced Microsoft's hand into producing something more polished. I remember when XP was in beta codename "Whistler". I remember most liking the new interface, however, many people hated XP and wanted to go back to 2000 Professional. Today, some of those same people refuse to let go of XP for Windows 7 and Vista so it's just the natural evolution of things..........

Also..........
    Not every post in MDL's forum is a useful post. Also, what is "useful"? "Useful" is merely a state of mind, an opinion. As the saying goes "One man's junk is another man's treasure". Something to think about, huh............................