All corrupted files in Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by Orgon, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Orgon

Orgon MDL Junior Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The following scenario is seriously annoying: every time a saved document has to be opened I get an inconvenient message telling me that it is corrupt and it’s impossible to view its contents anymore.
    This applies to all files in Documents folder of OS Windows 7 x64 (English) which has undergone a thoroughly made Virus and Spyware definitions update protecting the computer with the activated Windows Firewall by Microsoft Security Essentials.Also, I’ve downloaded and activated the latest security from Windows Update.
    Slightly :mad2: with my inpunity to resolve this issue on my own.
    Help!

2. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    HDD bad health?

3. Orgon

Orgon MDL Junior Member

Jul 10, 2011
    I agree with you; the HD on C: works well and has not shown any failure as I back large files up on external HD :) .
    The proof is that all of my stored videos from last years vacation on this HDD are playable with any media player.
    I've downloaded a no cost (free) program that is sort of a complement to the MSE and is best used by itself for removing the blocking of any files like pdf, word, Excel, ... and so on.But it is NOT working properly as it informs me that "no data is available ..." and cannot recover back any text.

So, is there any free software that can fix this?

4. Orgon

Orgon MDL Junior Member

Jul 10, 2011
    Program is called REMO from remosoftware.com and can be found with a youtube clipp with tutorial.
    This did not work as it prompts me to register software by paying money without letting you try out the product for free (@ no cost); not even the other free software like Recuva from Piriform works :sad3: .