All is good so far.......

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Beatkeeper, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Beatkeeper

Beatkeeper MDL Novice

Mar 6, 2010
    I have used the guide using guide in the complete windows repository ie downloading a clean version of win 7 checking the hash and using daz bootloader(and then did a full win update), and like a say all is well, but looking at a pesimistic point of view how long will all this last until the buble bursts or this the holy grail question? :biggrin:

2. Ev1lM0nk3y

Ev1lM0nk3y MDL Senior Member

Jun 7, 2007
    Until M$ new WAT update detects newer loaders and then the cat and mouse starts again

3. pkaji123

pkaji123 MDL Addicted

Aug 22, 2009
    I Think there is no need to worry till SP1...

4. Beatkeeper

Beatkeeper MDL Novice

Mar 6, 2010
    Do you think we will need to do full clean re-installs if this happens? Or just apply a new updated bootloader? Hope it's the later o_O

5. Beatkeeper

Beatkeeper MDL Novice

Mar 6, 2010
    oh and when is sp1 due and will we HAVE to install it? soz for all the questions...lol

6. WinFLP

WinFLP MDL Senior Member

Nov 18, 2009
    As it is, by design, one can pirate Windows by simply installing it. That's it. It will run indefinitely with nag screens, just like running an unregistered version of WinRAR. Microsoft has intentionally loosened up the non-genuine experience since Vista SP1.

I wouldn't say a loader's the "holy grail", but there are a variety of ways to use Windows indefinitely at a genuine status.

Newer loaders? They're still not detecting all older loaders. I have a copy of Daz 1.7.0 from October on my machine and it's not picked up. Loaders from Vista SP1 era are still not detected by WGA.

Microsoft is playing a balancing game. They want to clamp down on pirated sales, but at the same time they'd rather someone use a pirated version than no version (for people who have no plans on paying). I think they clamp down enough so that "word's out" that they are clamping down on piracy, even if they aren't fully.

Supposedly they'd target methods used on pirated Windows DVDs, but I'm surprised that these DVDs are using junky methods of activation when there's a lot cleaner methods available.

WGA was NOT included in XP SP3 or Vista SP1/SP2. No reason to think they will start now. I think because they know privacy natzis would go nuts, they will maintain status quo. Leave the "requirement" to Genuine gated downloads.