Always about my acer laptop!!

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by ckhaled3, Mar 22, 2013.

1. ckhaled3

ckhaled3 MDL Novice

Jan 22, 2009
    The hard disk has a capacity of one terabyte and installing win 8 is done automatically during the first use. The problem is that I have only one partition (C) and I want to create another partition ie (D, E, F). Help me please and thank you in advance.

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    On Desktop of Windows 8, open File explorer, right click on Computer and chose Manage. The menu open, click on Disk Management under the Storage tap and wait to open the Drives. Right click on the C Drive and chose Shrink Volume which will gives you the choice to shrink down the size of the C Partition. That will give you the ability for to create an other partition in the now free space.

Or, you could use an 3. party Partition Tools like Easeus Partition Manager (Home version is free) for to change your partition size and create new partitions.

Hope that helps.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    Pisthai, you are totally right with your statement but I would choose your second option rather than doing it manually as it seems that chaled3 is not experienced enough. I say this just in case prior to heavy damage of his/her machine

4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Personally I use always 3. Party apps for those work!! I really don't like the limitation of the MS Tool! But many user's and most of them are didn't have a lot knowledge, like to use the build in apps. So, it's up to them what to use and anyway, they know that they do all of that "work" on their own risk!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. alicepattinson

alicepattinson MDL Member

Jan 29, 2013
    Fore me, somtimes I prefer to do it manually. Sometimes :)

6. ckhaled3

ckhaled3 MDL Novice

Jan 22, 2009
    Thank you for all,
    so I opted for the first or second method? ie the method which has less risk.

7. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    If you feel like you can do it manually, go there but the more risk less version for you is to use Easeus Partition Manager, simply google for it

8. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
  9. FaiKee

FaiKee Misinformation spreader

Jul 24, 2009
    The problem with the windows drive manager is it won't move(or touch) the system files, so if just one small part of a system file sits on a undesirable sector then windows would only shrink the remaining sectors. :eek:

10. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    ... which is quite obvious because it cannot move itself during being active

11. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Easeus will not move system files as well as long as you just resize the Partition.

I use the Server version in my company and manage the partitioning procedures via the network, while at home I use the Home version. I've had never any problem with Easeus over the year of using!

12. FaiKee

FaiKee Misinformation spreader

Jul 24, 2009
    Yes it could do that because the files are already loaded into ram. In win3.1 if you use a defrag tool, it actually displays the hdd sectors and the process of moving tthe file clusters neatly into one place. :p

13. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    Hm, I remember times when I watched defragmentation process and I remember files which could not be moved. They were at different color and legend told that these cannot be moved. I'm quite sure that these were system files and they stayed at a certain place even outside the space somewhere on the partition after defragmentation. They were not moved to the beginning or such

14. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    That is correct as long as you use to defragment from within Windows.

In the old days of DOS, using the Norton Utilities, with Disk Tools those files could be moved, That was stopped if the Apps was used from Windows 2.3 and later Windows 3.xx!

15. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    That is exactly what I meant by "cannot be moved". Surely when running defrag from the outside, everything can be moved or even deleted et cetera