AMD Duron multiplier settings

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by trodas, Dec 13, 2013.

1. trodas

trodas MDL Member

Jan 22, 2008
  2. trodas

trodas MDL Member

Jan 22, 2008
    First at all - sorry for late reply. Second - thanks a bunch for your interest in my struggle for forcing the multipliers I want, not what the mainboard or CPU want.

And yep, your link is somewhat helpfull. It suggested that I need to connect the bridges better :g:
    It actually says that when pin mod does not work, then do it better with the conductive paint and it will work.

I think my mod works, because the CPU can run at x5 multi, witch would be impossible if the bridges are not properly connected. The catch is, that it does not report itself as "multiplier free CPU" and nowhere in bios are visible any way to change the multiplier. That is weird and that goes for both MSI 6340 and JetWay V266B mobos.
    The later can force multiplier by switches, so that is how I know, that the x5 multiplier is possible.

But the "catch 22" is, that I need the x5 multi for the MSI 6340 board, because the board have the interesting bug, that let me run it at FSB 33MHz ;)

So in the end, I quess I have to force the CPU into the x5 multi forever ;) If at least this work, then so far, so good. There is not much value in Duron 750 these days anyway, but it is a fun HW to tweak...