AMD Mainboard Suggestion

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by lynxalpha, Jan 7, 2019.

1. lynxalpha

lynxalpha MDL Novice

May 30, 2011
    I am a CAD / CAM designer. I wanna get rid of Nvidia and move to AMD for price/performance. Which motherboard+graphic adapter combo you can suggest me to buy?

2. Zealith69

Zealith69 MDL Novice

Jan 23, 2019
    Ryzen 5 2600 with B450 motherboard and Radeon RX580 combo should do you a solid.

3. piercekalton

piercekalton MDL Senior Member

Apr 2, 2010
    get the biggest best thing in the world for CAD. tell your boss u want one for work.

just go download Win 10 enterprise and CAD PRO 2019 or whatever it is and tell them you are a developer. YOU ARE.

4. rayleigh_otter

rayleigh_otter MDL Expert

Aug 8, 2018
    Change your name to Mr Kodak just to be sure. :biggrin3:

5. piercekalton

Apr 2, 2010
    does any Kodakolor exist? or whatever it was called. that was the best film ever for years.

it took them a really long time to take a color photo though.

I think all of the metals were actually in the film. like silver bronze, etc..

why even bother with CAD. apparenty Azure can do it a lot easier.

knowing Bill Gates you probably have to do a lot of typing to get it to work right.

he still has to approve everything they do. he ain't dead yet.

6. rayleigh_otter

Aug 8, 2018
    I would hold on till Ryzen 3000 hits the shops.

7. piercekalton

Apr 2, 2010
    why not the Apple products direct from China? they sell the iPhone gabage like a year early from China. then it's Samsung. then a year after that comes AMD and Intel to put them back in their place.

Apple products have been catching on fire for the entire time it has been a company and they keep selling them like hotcakes,

buy a giant Firewire riser card and put it your PCI 16 slot or whatever and connect an apple promotional video card to it.

you better run it off a diesel truck tho. that thing is gonna catch fire. that's what they do at the Utah Data Center though they have containment rooms like a nuclear plant where they test hardware (theory)

8. rayleigh_otter

Aug 8, 2018
    You do CAD / CAM, time is money and you want the best, if the leaks are true or very close to the truth then the 3000 series would be better i would have thought. Wait for the reviews to start coming in, 2000 series will still be in stock and you could get a really great deal on them.

9. lynxalpha

lynxalpha MDL Novice

May 30, 2011
    thank you very much for your comments :) Probably, I will wait for 3000 series ryzen cpu

10. rayleigh_otter

Aug 8, 2018
    Ryzen 3000 will have a new X570 chipset which is an AMD inhouse design and not an asmedia one although they may still use asmedia for lower spec chipsets amd usb controllers.