ami bios recovery block?

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by openfly, Dec 6, 2010.

1. openfly

openfly MDL Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Hi, I have a Fujitsu-Siemens Scaleo Pi 2662 with the ECS G31T-M2 motherboard.
    after flashed bios, it don't show up screen and beep sounds.
    so I tried with ami bios recovery procedure, rename bios file to AMIBOOT.ROM.
    but it read floppy disk, not flashing.

I tried to ami bios recovery files with ECS G31T-M(V1.0) and G31T-A(V1.0) to Scaleo Pi G31T-M2. it flashed and recovered.
    but it keeps show up checksum error and can't do any thing to flash correct bios.

so I'm wondering that the bios of Fujitsu-Siemens Scaleo Pi 2662 don't have bios recovery or blocked?
    I guess that Fujitsu-Siemens has blocked bios recovery.

If I do bios recovery between ECS G31T-M(V1.0) and G31T-A(V1.0), it show recovery nvram and flashing, but the Scaleo Pi 2662 bios don't flashing at all.

Would you look at this for me?

http://www.mediafire.com/?ei9aecxg75r4o62

Thanks in advance.

2. openfly

openfly MDL Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Thanks
    but the first bios is same as Fujitsu Siemens iso.
    the second bios have name amibios.rom, it doesn't try to read bios recovery.
    I tried to rename it as AMIBOOT.ROM but it doesn't flash from ami bios recovery.

I guess the bios need to change bios modification to bios recovery.

the PC turn on but it keeps say checksum error and It doesn't save any of modification from bios setting change.

Or would you mind to change one of ECS bios checksum as the Fujitsu Siemens's bios, which I can flash the correct.
    it won't allow any of change.

frustrated it.

3. openfly

openfly MDL Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Hi,
    I tried MS floppy disk + AFU408.EXE + AMIBIOS.ROM +autoexec.bat (two different option with AFU408.EXE)

It doesn't try to load from floppy disk itself, when it switch on.

I pressed CTRL+HOME to ami bios recovery procedure, it make beeps 2 short + 4 short.

It sound like that CTRL+HOME, ami bios recovery want to read file name as AMIBOOT.ROM only.

help...

4. openfly

openfly MDL Member

Oct 18, 2009
    #4 openfly, Dec 7, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
    (OP)
    I checked that there isn't jumper to write rom Protection, it has only cmos clear.
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/2095766/Man-G31TM2-d

A floppy disk has format from XP and removed all other except msdos.sys, io.sys. command.com
    the floppy driver has checked another PC to make sure it has boot dos correct.

the system can recover with amiboot.rom recovery G31T-M(V1.0) or G31T-A(V1.0) that has attached bios.rar files.
    after it has recover, it show up top-left cornor. the mainboard name, G31T-M(V1.0) or G31T-A(V1.0) which it has applied amiboot.rom recovery precedure.
    The bios of Fujitsu-Siemens Scaleo Pi 2662 can't recover.

I guess Fujitsu-Siemens has blocked recovery itself.

Thanks Yihetuan.
    I think I need buy another mainboard.