AMI BIOS Recovery

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by The_Old_Fox, May 5, 2009.

1. The_Old_Fox

The_Old_Fox MDL Novice

May 5, 2009
    #1 The_Old_Fox, May 5, 2009
    Last edited: May 5, 2009
    Hi ,

I Have Flashed my IPIBL-LB Asus motherboard ( HP Dx2400) , with a moded Bios From The Forum , But , When i Rebooted the PC , I'Ve Got A Black Screen With 2 Beeps ,

I Google it , and i Found that it means that i need to put a new bios Flash "Amiboot.ROM" , i downloaded Many Bios , and when i want to flash by inserting CD with Flash Burned In , It Makes 3 Beeps instead of 4 , That Means "Insert next diskette if multiple diskettes are used for recovery"

Any Suggestions ?

Thank's :)

2. joo nam

joo nam MDL Junior Member

Jul 13, 2007
    #2 joo nam, May 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  3. The_Old_Fox

The_Old_Fox MDL Novice

May 5, 2009
    Thank's For The Answer , But the CD Method is working , The Drive Reads The CD ... The CD Work for AMIBIOS8 (4mb) , my Motherboard Is x)

& I Dont Have A Floppy Drive ... i Dont Think that the USB FLASH Will work ! :s

Should I Clear CMOS Before Flashing ?

Thanks ! :)

4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    What do you mean CD method is working ? is your machine booting up can you get access to bios screen if so load defaults and save if it is not booting up then read the link that was allready postey on ami bios recovery.

5. The_Old_Fox

The_Old_Fox MDL Novice

May 5, 2009
  6. The_Old_Fox

The_Old_Fox MDL Novice

May 5, 2009
    Maybe i Should rename The Bios To HPBIOS.ROM ?

7. joo nam

joo nam MDL Junior Member

Jul 13, 2007
    USB flash will work just fine
    download the rompack from hp and extract this file"BEN5.37" and rename it to AMIBOOT.ROM
    prepare the boot able usb flash with hp tool from the top of the page that i posted and follow the instruction on that page.
    try method 2 first

take your time and read and double check everything
    good luck

8. Chinny

Chinny MDL Novice

Oct 14, 2009
    I'm having the exact same problem as Old Fox.

I'm getting 3 beeps with a floppy or CD. 2 beeps with no media inserted. I'm trying to follow method 2 for a bootable floppy but I can't fit all of the necessary files on the cd. Any suggestions?