AMI SLIC 3 Tool

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by lowgra, Jun 17, 2008.

1. lowgra

lowgra MDL Novice

Aug 10, 2007
    I moddev a bios for an ECS A770M-A motherboard the latest 7708512.rom the two green lights came up.Check the Bios with MMtool every thing seemed the same.Fashed the motherboard and no Boot any Ideas.

2. bennyboy

bennyboy MDL Member

May 9, 2007
    #2 bennyboy, Jun 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  3. petar

petar MDL Expert

Apr 5, 2008
    Have you checked to see if FC10 module is present ?
    Can you give a link to the unmodded and modded bios ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. petar

petar MDL Expert

Apr 5, 2008
    #5 petar, Jun 26, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2008
    As I can see FC10 module is not present and you can use the AMI_SLIC 3 tool.
    The tool should have been working well.
    Which tool did you used, the one "provided in the mod your own bios" thread by @yen or ?
    How did you flashed your bios, from windows or DOS ?
    Once you are able to recover, are you willing to try the latest AFUDOS which can be found in the "bios recovery" thread ?
    Couse the one you are using does not have a switches available to use.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. lowgra

lowgra MDL Novice

Aug 10, 2007
    Ami Slic 3

I downloaded the one on Bios mods page By Yen.Afer the Bios failure I recovered using AMIBOOT method.Then I repeated the procedure re modding the Bios as I though I may have done something wrong.Then in Layman terms I used MMtool to compare the original and the modded Bios there did not seem to be any problem why the flash failed so I re flashed again with the modded Bios latest AUFDOS and had the same result and was luck to recover again.
    Lowgra

6. petar

petar MDL Expert

Apr 5, 2008
    #7 petar, Jun 26, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017