AMIBCP shows duplicate menu structure ?!!?!?

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by mc510, Aug 29, 2012.

1. mc510

mc510 MDL Novice

Jan 12, 2009
    #1 mc510, Aug 29, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
    I recently got a Gateway PC with AMI aptio bios, and I thought I'd check to see if there are any hidden settings that I could reveal in the BIOS (I'd like to tweak the Smart Fan settings). AMIBCP 4.53 opens the bios okay, and I see that absolutely everything in there is already flagged show=YES. But the menu structure shows duplicate menus and doesn't reflect what I can actually see when using the BIOS setup screen. Here's the top-level menu list that AMIBCP shows (* marks the ones that I can actually see in BIOS setup):

Main
    Advanced
    Chipset
    Boot
    Security
    Discard Changes and Exit Setup
    Main(*)
    Advanced(*)
    Power(*)
    Security(*)
    Boot Options(*)
    Exit(*)
    Recovery

The detail under the duplicated menus isn't the same. For example, the "Advanced" menu at the top lists all sorts of things that I cannot see in BIOS setup, but the "Advanced" menu below it does reflect what I actually can see in BIOS setup.

I guess my questions are: (1) what's up with this? and (2) does it mean that there's nothing that I can un-hide? Thanks

Original bios is at support.gateway.com/us/en/product/default.aspx?tab=6&modelId=3745
    AMIBCP screenshot postimage.org/image/gpv97ycyn/

Hmm, I see a post below ("Asus K93SV - unhide Graphics settings help") where the bios structure looks very similar. Maybe this is a standard thing for AMI aptio bios, but I've not been able to find any discussion of it.