An email I just received

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Michaela Joy, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    Trump is asking everyone to forward this email to a minimum of 20 people, and to ask each of those to do likewise. In three days, most people in the United States will have the message This is an idea that should be passed around, regardless of political party. The TRUMP Rules will include:

Congressional Reform Act of 2017;

L1. No Tenure / No Pension. A Congressman/Congresswoman collects a salary while in office ONLY and receives no pay when they are out of office.

2. Congress (past, present, & future) participates in Social Security.

All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security
    System immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system,
    And Congress participates with the American people. It may not be used
    For any other purpose.

3. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.

4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay
    Will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.

5. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the
    Same health care system as the American people.

6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.

7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen/Women are void effective 5/1/17 The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen/women. Congress made all these contracts for themselves.

Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career The Founding Fathers
    Envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term(s), then
    Go home and go back to work.

Here's the petition.

https://www.change.org/p/president-trump-congressional-reform-act-of-2017

To me, this is a little more realistic than trying to buy twitter.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    Hi MJ strange thing :eek: I clicked on website above I see and read petition of Trump ok after scrolling page to botton there have a lot of request from Brazil :eek: various persons request expensive remedy, another persons request heart for transplant! oh my God still another request employes I never see this before; you already scroll page also to see this?o_O

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. JFKI

JFKI MDL Expert

Oct 25, 2015
    Will #6 also apply retroactively to secretaries of state ?

4. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012
    @Tiger-1: That may have something to do with where you are. Over here, none of that shows up.

5. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012
    @JFKI: I certainly hope so. ;)

6. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    ok very strange :g:so I don't return there more ;):)

7. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    There are many false statements in this email. Many false statements. Two I caught immediately were about Social Security, and Health Care. Congress already participates in Social Security, and already has the same health plans as everyone else. I didn't wast my time reading any further. I also doubt that Trump knows how to use email.

8. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012
  9. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    o_O yep here is not different maybe worst unfortunately :sneaky:

10. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    I'm a bit confused by this, is Trump asking this to be done or Diane Askovitz ?
    Why is that piece in there ?!

11. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Well duh...
    Where have I seen this before?
    way back when this used to be done by snail mail too
    It's all B.S.

12. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    It's not complete BS I suspect the Trump bit is, why would that money grubbing lowlife support this ? It's a petition by Diane Askovitz and apparently some one added the sad bit at the top and spammed it around, unless more evidence can be produced to support the original wording !

13. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    #13 Joe C, Aug 28, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
    This story has nothing to do with Trump:
    https://www.truthorfiction.com/trump-rule-congressional-reform-act/
    Snopes on the Warren Buffett story, which shows the Trump story as a copy cat
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/medical/28thamendment.asp
    https://www.change.org/p/buffet-rule-2017-congressional-reform-act

Change.org has some serious B.S. going on over there

14. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    The whole country has some serious bs going on :laie:

15. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    haha this site (Change.org) in my country is hilarious I already see each thing...:rofl::roflmao:

16. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012
    At least we can all laugh about it. :D

17. zen45

zen45 MDL Addicted

Feb 25, 2010
    but I would really like to see congress not borrow any more social security funds to fix their mishaps (that they never have repaid)

18. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    #18 Joe C, Sep 19, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    That's because they can't repay it! Congress really has no money, the only funds congress gets are the funds provided by guess who?... US citizens.
    Congress and the Senate get fat pay checks, paid vacations, a very good retirement package with full health insurance benefits and they stole every bit of it from everybody else.

19. JFKI

JFKI MDL Expert

Oct 25, 2015
    I never approved the funding spent on the so called "Patriot act". o_O
    Did you ?