An idea to activate 'Windows 7 E' Edition with OEMSLP Keys

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by LuckLuka, Dec 28, 2009.

1. LuckLuka

LuckLuka MDL Novice

Jul 17, 2009
    Ok, i remember the orbit30's Vista activation tool had options to change version by changing the Tokens.dat and restarting the service

So my question is: If I change the tokens.dat to the normal windows 7 tokens.dat on a windows 7 'E' machine
    and use a loader. Will this method work, if it does, im whipping the first Windows 7 E Loader!

2. secr9tos

secr9tos MDL Addicted

Jul 28, 2009
    Maybe it could work but why just not install a normal Windows 7 Ultimate?

3. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    thats a good question :p

4. LuckLuka

LuckLuka MDL Novice

Jul 17, 2009
    i knew i'd get this question xD
    no, but i thought people who want the "E" edition for some particular reason(dont ask me which) may use this method, anyway i tested it and it works like a charm :D
    ill post it soon...

5. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #5 HotCarl, Dec 28, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
    Of course it works...but then it may cause issues with your Windows Update, as WU will then think that your Windows is the normal Ultimate and not the "E" version...which *could* pose an issue when updating...

Regardless, "franken-build" activation is never recommended... Since it is the "E" version though and there are no keys...I guess there is no choice.

It just seems like a waste of effort....why not just install the regular "Ultimate" version and spare yourself any incompatibilities and/or future problems you may be creating for yourself by using a different pkeyconfig.xrm-ms and tokens.dat, forcing Windows to think it is a different version and therefore reporting false information. :confused: (actually, it seems to confuse Windows...as sometimes it reports the correct version for some things...and reports the incorrect version for other things... I would not recommend using something like that for your main OS.)

6. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    I fully agree with Carl.

The same method was used to activate Windows 7 Ultimate, it fails in the end. You will without a doubt end up with Windows saying its not genuine at some point. It really is easier to just download the complete Ultimate edition and uninstall what you don't want and then activate it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. LuckLuka

LuckLuka MDL Novice

Jul 17, 2009
    @HotCarl
    i never i said i wanted to install Windows 7 E, this is an idea, no it wont be a frankenbuild because when my friend downloaded it and DIDNT activate it, he recieved the same update that were issued to the normal Windows 7.

Me myself is running now a Windows 7 Ultimate Edition with a bios-mod

@Daz
    Correction: they didnt use this method to activate windows 7 ultimate, they copied the tokens of Windows 7 RC or BETA! not from a different RTM version :)

8. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    it shouldnt mess with updates tho... you wont get updates for IE... its just like if i uninstalled IE from the regular win 7 ultimate. i would have win 7 ultimate E...

9. LuckLuka

LuckLuka MDL Novice

Jul 17, 2009
    Yes, thats it, so Windows 7 E will be good...