Android browser bookmark import help…

Discussion in 'Android' started by mlongue1, May 25, 2022.

1. mlongue1

mlongue1 MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2010
    Does anyone know of an android browser which can import bookmarks in a text file, and then export the bookmarks in an html file… all current popular(?) browsers will only import in html… and i need to convert this list of bookmarks, and i am trying to avoid trying each and every freaking browser in this space-time continuum, ONE AT A TIME, if you know what i mean... any and all help is and will be GREATLY appreciated, thanks in advance, and have a super day/week/end.…

2. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Very interesting question.
    First, the text file is still a text file and html is still html and bookmarks can still be transferred using html only.
    But if you use web-based syncing, absolutely all of your bookmarks will be synced automatically.
    Wondering why you don't want to use this opportunity or haven't used it? All have always syncronized and You must absolutely nothing more to do.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mlongue1

mlongue1 MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2010
    thanks, very very much… apparently i need to defrag my brain more often… i will look into this immediately… sometimes we REALLY don't see the forest for the trees… thanks again, for waking me up…

4. mlongue1

mlongue1 MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2010
    good old MDL... shoulda come here first…

5. mlongue1

mlongue1 MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2010
    could you possibly tell me which bookmark sync app or service you use?…

6. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. mlongue1

mlongue1 MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2010
    thanx, for quick and informative replies… a main part of my problem right now is that my laptop, which serves as my desktop, is not functioning right now, and many of these sync apps/services depend on you having a desktop computer… and this android browser does not support syncing or html bookmark exports…