Android Phone hanging - RAM 1 GB

Discussion in 'Android' started by usermydigitallyfe, Nov 4, 2019.

1. usermydigitallyfe

usermydigitallyfe MDL Member

Oct 30, 2016
    I have a Android phone with 1 GB RAM is hanging and screen goes black and Apps does not open.
    I think RAM is low side so hanging problem ! Is there a solution to hanging ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. comtech

comtech MDL Novice

Dec 2, 2011
    1.5GB of ram is the very min to run android phone

3. sml156

sml156 MDL Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Reset it back to the factory settings.
    Google " adb shell " and delete some of the bloatware they put on it.

adb shell pm list packages

adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.facebook.appmanager

adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.facebook.app.manager

adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.facebook.appmanager

adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.facebook.system

adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.facebook.katana

adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.skype.raider

adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.samsung.android.widgetapp.yahooedge.sport

The phone I own now is a s8 and it has 4 gig ram My older phone had 512mb and ran perfectly fine, Android is based on Linux and usually manages ram pretty good.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. DarkCoder

DarkCoder MDL Novice

Feb 6, 2017
    Cause its 1GB RAM. better upgrade your Phone. or delete apps.

5. CHEF-KOCH

CHEF-KOCH MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    #6 CHEF-KOCH, Dec 10, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
    There are some magisk tweaks and xposed modules you could try. And another option is to flash another kernel which handles low-memory better but at the end nothing replaces more memory.

1.) Check your background apps and freeze/disable or uninstall them.
    2.) Use alternative FOSS apps which using fewer dependencies and consuming less CPU cycles as well as overall RAM.
    3.) Install Xposed/Magisk with tweaked modules, XDA is full of "optimizer", those typically setting kernel parameters or additional stuff to handle low-memory management.
    4.) Use another kernel which might use better governments to "tweak" MHZ/CPU depending on the workload, this also improves battery life.
    5.) Buy a new phone with more RAM 4/6GB is the standard today even for mid-range smartphones, multi-tasking/background apps needs ram and CPU power to do task-switches and to avoid paging to disk.

6. NST_Adventure

NST_Adventure MDL Addicted

Jun 1, 2019
    What?!:worthy:

Bruh... Is that possible to remove bloatware without root?Or It's Need Root?

Thank You! :) ;) ^_^

Best Regards
    NST_Adventure

7. RogerUK

RogerUK MDL Novice

Jan 16, 2010
    It doesn't delete anything, just makes the packages not run, a factory reset will bring them all back

8. sml156

sml156 MDL Member

Sep 8, 2009
    #9 sml156, Jan 6, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
  9. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    NOT Snapchat o_O Well you can but it's Painfully slow :(

10. CHEF-KOCH

CHEF-KOCH MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    Nothing much you can do, 1 GB RAM is basically nothing. It can run some background apps but that's pretty much it.

* You could try (if you got root) to install a "tweaked" kernel for your device (check XDA).
    * Try to install (if possible) another OS like e.g. GraphenOS/Lineage OS or a newer Android version, their memory management is better.
    * But nothing replaces physical RAM!

My advice would be to buy on eBay a used smartphone with more RAM for some bucks, even S7/A5 ain't expensive anymore, and they have more RAM.

11. NST_Adventure

Jun 1, 2019
    Hello all MDL User i got overwhelmed by these f****** SIM TOOLKIT Popup :(
    Question Is:
    Is Ok Or Safe To Remove SIM TOOLKIT BloatWare?

Thank You!

Best Regards
    NST_Adventure

12. CHEF-KOCH

CHEF-KOCH MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    Yes, if you have root you can remove SIM Toolkit. Your phone stores the data then on your phone (or if a app asks for in the cloud).

13. Pedro_101

Pedro_101 MDL Novice

Nov 24, 2015
    Some, using Osprey xt1540 model have 1gb, when using daily works for some store can them update every time it causes llagy... Apps suggest withou root

14. NST_Adventure

Jun 1, 2019
    @CHEF-KOCH Thank You For Info!
    (✿^‿^)

EDIT:
    Ok Root Access Is Granted With Magisk Now I Can Use It To Disable Instead Of Removing Them i Just Afraid Of Something Not Good Happenned If I Remove It

(✿^‿^)

Best Regards
    NST_Adventure

15. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #16 Yen, Jun 3, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
    Using magisk you actually never delete a system app from original system or priv-app folder.
    You just make sure it does not get mapped anymore.
    If you should have got an app that is needed for proper booting you simply can remove the magisk debloat module, edit the part where is gets 'removed' and use the module again.

I wrote my own debloat module which removed Samsung's own soundprocessing apps in order to apply viper4android correctly.

Maybe try to learn how magisk modules are working. It is easy to 'remove' apps without to remove them really from system. Check magisk-module-template 'config.sh' REPLACE section.

But why do you want to remove the SIM toolkit from your phone? It doesn't make any sense to remove that.
    Just forbid notification if it nags you in a way.

BTW: Disabling system apps is the only way a non-rooted user can go for. It's anyway a 'fishy' state since it is not really off system and maybe it still is doing some work at the background.

ATM I am not rooted and I don't use Samsung devices anymore. Since the Galaxy S6 they disappointed much. And once their own SoC was great Exynos is now far behind snapdragons.
    I have got my first OnePlus. I am happy with it. (7T pro)

16. NST_Adventure

Jun 1, 2019
    @Yen i already say that because sim toolkit popup is So Annoying! :-( (╥﹏╥)
    And also again my phone already rooted with magisk, with magisk priviliges i can disable that annoying thing seriously

Best Regards
    NST_Adventure

17. lio653

lio653 MDL Novice

Jun 21, 2020
    if you playing latest game on android you need at least 2gb ram

18. NST_Adventure

Jun 1, 2019
    Yes for newer version but older version no
    BUT for old version of android atleast need 850 mb to run

Best Regards
    NST_Adventure

19. NST_Adventure

Jun 1, 2019