Android Phone hanging - RAM 1 GB

Discussion in 'Android' started by usermydigitallyfe, Nov 4, 2019.

1. usermydigitallyfe

usermydigitallyfe MDL Member

Oct 30, 2016
    I have a Android phone with 1 GB RAM is hanging and screen goes black and Apps does not open.
    I think RAM is low side so hanging problem ! Is there a solution to hanging ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. comtech

comtech MDL Novice

Dec 2, 2011
    1.5GB of ram is the very min to run android phone

3. sml156

sml156 MDL Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Reset it back to the factory settings.
    Google " adb shell " and delete some of the bloatware they put on it.

adb shell pm list packages

adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.facebook.appmanager

adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.facebook.app.manager

adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.facebook.appmanager

adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.facebook.system

adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.facebook.katana

adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.skype.raider

adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.samsung.android.widgetapp.yahooedge.sport

The phone I own now is a s8 and it has 4 gig ram My older phone had 512mb and ran perfectly fine, Android is based on Linux and usually manages ram pretty good.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Catherine Park

Catherine Park MDL Novice

Nov 6, 2019
    I am also facing the same issue with my phone, some of my friends suggest me to clean junk files and some apps which are not useful for me.

After doing that not 100% but yes i'm not facing that much issues with my phone.

5. DarkCoder

DarkCoder MDL Novice

Feb 6, 2017
    Cause its 1GB RAM. better upgrade your Phone. or delete apps.

6. CHEF-KOCH

CHEF-KOCH MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    #7 CHEF-KOCH, Dec 10, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
    There are some magisk tweaks and xposed modules you could try. And another option is to flash another kernel which handles low-memory better but at the end nothing replaces more memory.

1.) Check your background apps and freeze/disable or uninstall them.
    2.) Use alternative FOSS apps which using fewer dependencies and consuming less CPU cycles as well as overall RAM.
    3.) Install Xposed/Magisk with tweaked modules, XDA is full of "optimizer", those typically setting kernel parameters or additional stuff to handle low-memory management.
    4.) Use another kernel which might use better governments to "tweak" MHZ/CPU depending on the workload, this also improves battery life.
    5.) Buy a new phone with more RAM 4/6GB is the standard today even for mid-range smartphones, multi-tasking/background apps needs ram and CPU power to do task-switches and to avoid paging to disk.

7. NST_Adventure

NST_Adventure MDL Senior Member

Jun 1, 2019
    What?!:worthy:

Bruh... Is that possible to remove bloatware without root?Or It's Need Root?

Thank You! :) ;) ^_^

Best Regards
    NST_Adventure

8. RogerUK

RogerUK MDL Novice

Jan 16, 2010
    It doesn't delete anything, just makes the packages not run, a factory reset will bring them all back

9. sml156

sml156 MDL Member

Sep 8, 2009
    #10 sml156, Jan 6, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
  10. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Addicted

Oct 18, 2014
    NOT Snapchat o_O Well you can but it's Painfully slow :(

11. CHEF-KOCH

CHEF-KOCH MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    Nothing much you can do, 1 GB RAM is basically nothing. It can run some background apps but that's pretty much it.

* You could try (if you got root) to install a "tweaked" kernel for your device (check XDA).
    * Try to install (if possible) another OS like e.g. GraphenOS/Lineage OS or a newer Android version, their memory management is better.
    * But nothing replaces physical RAM!

My advice would be to buy on eBay a used smartphone with more RAM for some bucks, even S7/A5 ain't expensive anymore, and they have more RAM.

12. NST_Adventure

NST_Adventure MDL Senior Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Hello all MDL User i got overwhelmed by these f****** SIM TOOLKIT Popup :(
    Question Is:
    Is Ok Or Safe To Remove SIM TOOLKIT BloatWare?

Thank You!

Best Regards
    NST_Adventure

13. CHEF-KOCH

CHEF-KOCH MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    Yes, if you have root you can remove SIM Toolkit. Your phone stores the data then on your phone (or if a app asks for in the cloud).