Android phone locked to google

Discussion in 'Android' started by 5rws, Jul 10, 2019.

1. 5rws

5rws MDL Novice

Jun 18, 2018
    Hey guys,

I have recently purchased a phone from a 3rd party site. (Note)

The phone is locked to a google account.

Is there a way to bypass this or explain this to Samsung with proof of the detail of purchase?

2. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    There are guides on YT, best to just return the phone and get a refund

Samsung unlikely to do anything as FRP locks on Samsung phones are designed to stop thieves from using the phone once they have stolen them, same as iCloud lock

3. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Bypassing FRP depends strongly on the exact model and there are a lot of crap tools / instructions out there.
    Some even might brick the device or have a negative impact on functions such as WIFI not working anymore etc...

But there are also reasonable methods. I am familiar with Samsung phones.
    What is the exact model of your Note?

(BTW getting a refund or the password of the original owner to reset the device would be the correct ways, though)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. 5rws

5rws MDL Novice

Jun 18, 2018
    Yeah, I've tried to talk to the person but seems that I'm unable to reach the seller.

It's a Note 8 :(

5. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #5 Yen, Jul 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    The full model number is essential to find the right way if available.
    If you apply a way coming from a different Note 8 model your phone might become bricked!

Some Note 8 models have a Snapdragon 835 SoC others a Samsung Exynos 8895. A completely different processor. Other phones have a locked boot-loader where you can do almost nothing. (Verizon (V) versions for instance)

SM-N950F for instance is the 'free' Europe Note 8 model.

Trying to bypass FRP is a delicate mission either way. Actually nobody should be able to do otherwise the protection would be useless.
    Try to get back your money first. If the seller is reputable he should answer.

Also try to contact the 3rd party site from where you have purchased it for support. They should guarantee for a proper deal. Report the dealer and tell what's happened.
    Maybe they can contact the dealer for you / enforcing to refund.
    Have you got the dealer's home address? Any warranty from the 3rd party site / dealer?

How did you pay? I hope not cash.
    Alternatively contact your bank / pay service to initialise money back action.
    Did you get it from a local dealer? Do not hesitate to report the dealer at the police if there is no other way. It smells like fraud because he does not answer.

If you're lucky it's simply a mistake.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #7 Yen, Jul 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    Depends on current firmware (Android version) and particular model.
    Video 1 does not really unlock FRP, but bypasses it with a custom launcher.
    Video 3 is for old Android 7.1.1 only.

Samsung fixes such ways ASAP at next security update.
    If you are still on an older firmware you have better chances.
    To find the right one you need to know your current firmware version.

If it's really a stolen phone you can get trouble yourself using it. The IMEI still remains.
    If the legit owner is registered / has informed that the phone has been stolen the phone can be identified as his own by IMEI.

7. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    #8 MS_User, Jul 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    with a model number is a shoot in the dark maybe he can try one of the local computer shops in hes area maybe one of does techs their are really good with phones and an unlock for him...but if the real owner reported as stolen i believe samsung can actually send a signal to the phone and brick it...but he dont have nothing more to lose at this point.

8. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007