Annoying Issue: "We're getting search ready..."

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Simpuhl, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Simpuhl

Simpuhl MDL Senior Member

Aug 8, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. compgen_1534

compgen_1534 MDL Addicted

Jul 26, 2015
    Is has to contact the Microsoft servers to display bing advertisements and recommendations for the user.
    That's why it takes a little while.

3. Simpuhl

Aug 8, 2012
    Mine has taken a few days... google searching many others are having issues also. No real fix so far

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Simpuhl

Aug 8, 2012
    Its still doing it...

5. Vladimar

Vladimar MDL Junior Member

Jul 16, 2015
    Is that a serious response? There's another thread here where they are arguing over whether or not using local computers as a Server for someone else's Windows Updates is a good thing or not. Now I find that the performance on the OP's machine has failed in order to deliver ads. OP has 419 posts and has an account from 2012, so WTF.

6. Simpuhl

Aug 8, 2012
  7. Simpuhl

Aug 8, 2012
    #8 Simpuhl, Aug 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    (OP)
    Well this didn't fix my issue but if anybody is interesting in a batch file that resets indexing options to default here you go:

Code:
    net stop wsearch
    reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Search" /v SetupCompletedSuccessfully /t REG_SZ /d 0 /f
    net start wsearch

Don't forget to run as Admin