Annoying'Bubble'

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by vjm530, Jan 21, 2009.

1. vjm530

vjm530 MDL Novice

Nov 26, 2008
    Is there a way to turn 'off' the annoying bubble at the bottom of the menu screen that says, "Some Start Menu Items can't be displayed . . etc." It's huge on my laptop, covers a large area and I have to wait for it to fade before I can make a menu choice. Thanks.:(

2. Snuffy

Snuffy MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    Bubble annoying

I have had no problems with any bubble, and everything is displayed that I have ask to be. Maybe your install is punked.

3. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    his resolution is set low so it is unable to display all the items. You might be able to switch to small icons on the start menu and it might work better or lessen the number of start menu entries.

4. paulsk58

paulsk58 MDL Novice

Jan 25, 2009
    The resolution is the issue but it is caused by the setting the number of recent programs to display in the Start menu. To fix it, right click on the start menu and select properties, then customize. Change the number of recent programs to display to less than or equal to what your screen is showing and the bubble will go away.

Paul

5. vjm530

vjm530 MDL Novice

Nov 26, 2008
    Thank you. That did the trick and also allowed me to reduce the resolution so my icons weren't so small.:rolleyes:

6. paulsk58

paulsk58 MDL Novice

Jan 25, 2009
    You are welcome.
    Just a note, if you add a new "pin to start menu" program (those on top of the list) it will again require you to change that number.

Paul