Another problem...

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by BurNN, Jul 7, 2012.

1. BurNN

BurNN MDL Novice

Apr 29, 2012
    Today i was downloading some stuff's and i've got this thing cftmon.exe (virus) and after some time spended on internet from another pc i manage to delet it and get control of my laptop back.But he infected manny things and my browser is all destroyed.And i cannot use my browser properly...my laptop is running slower.I've been used Malwarebytes to escape of this virus (but idk if i deleted it forever)

I have windows 7 ultimate and if anyone can help me just ask for moore details becouse idk what should i post moore.Thanks :worthy:

2. roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT MDL Addicted

Sep 1, 2007
    Your best, most reliable and probably actually easiest real solution would be to:

1. Back up ONLY the data that you MUST keep, preferably from outside of Windows; a Linux or other OS bootable LiveCD, or a backup program on bootable CD that will access NTFS of your Windows partition - hopefully in this case you didn't encrypt your data.

2. Completely wipe your hard drive <- don't hold me responsible for the loss of data from doing this, you would lose even an OEM recovery partition if you do it right, but you should IMHO.

3. Reinstall Windows 7 and use Daz's Windows Loader to reinstall the correct certificate and serial.

If you had to, if your PC is OEM, you could instead use your OEM's recovery (probably on a partition). Although that's easier than reinstalling from scratch, it's less reliable since you don't know for certain if the virus may have infected it as well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    roirraW "edor" ehT has given you sage level advice.

4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  5. BurNN

BurNN MDL Novice

Apr 29, 2012
    I think ctfmon.exe.I allready deleted and i runn several antivirus/malware tools and it looks like i don't have it anymoore but he did allot of damage to my laptop...so i will run some few tools againe to be sure i don't have it anymoore and i will try system restore...i hope this will help me becouse i don't want to lose my stuffs o_O

6. BurNN

BurNN MDL Novice

Apr 29, 2012
    OMFG that was so not true :ranting: i whos able to use my laptop but i whos still full of viruses...all my files whore infected and not working :eek:untill AVG helped me :D Now i'm done...i cleaned my laptop...i used system restore and my laptop run smooth againe :p Annyway thank's to you all and this forum rullzzzzzz