Another program that will remove registry entries for the files I manually delete?

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by conceptualclarity, Jul 7, 2014.

1. conceptualclarity

conceptualclarity MDL Novice

May 26, 2014
    Another program that will remove registry entries for the files I manually delete?
    I had a six-month trial of Webroot, and one of Webroot's many good features was having a function for doing just that. It has a function that says "You can remove files using Secureanywhere and automatically remove associated registry entries."(See screenshot.)

I had a hard drive fail on me, and I'm determined not to let this one get overcrowded on me. So I destroy lots of files that can't be removed with Revo Uninstaller when I decide I have no use for them, especially setup files.

Maybe I already have a program that will let me get rid of the registry entries corresponding to folders and files I delete, and I just don't know it. I just found out I can selectively delete System Restore points with CCleaner. :biggrin:

Operating System
    Windows XP Home Edition 32-bit SP3
    CPU
    Intel Pentium 4
    Northwood 0.13um Technology
    RAM
    2.00 GB DDR @ 166MHz (2.5-3-3-7)
    Motherboard
    Dell Computer Corp. 0G1548 (Microprocessor)
    Graphics
    Default Monitor (1280x1024@60Hz)
    Intel 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller (Dell)
    Storage
    74.5 GB Seagate ST380011A (ATA)
    Free 40.53 GB
    3.67 GB Lexar USB Flash DriveUSB Device (USB)
    119.22 GB PNY USB 2.0 FD USB Device (USB)
    Optical Drives
    SAMSUNG CD-R/RW SW-252S
    Audio
    Unimodem Half-Duplex Audio Device
    Anti-Virus
    Roboscan free

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Google is your Friend! Use that and get what you need!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. BigW

BigW MDL Member

Apr 25, 2010

Well first I don't want to hear you braging about your 25 year rustbucket you are calling your car! I always tought such siggs are for bragging about your nice and new hardware you have but where on earth can you brag with such 10 year old hardware? You didn't even left out your 5 year old USB-Device.

Well overcrouding normaly doesn't destroy HDDs. In your case you must be graceful you only lost a HDD. Many 10 year old systems doesn't even bother to boot up.

If you have not enought space on your HDD and your PC is to slow simply buy a new one. Let's donate this museum-piece to a museum and be done with it. You've got very useful 10 years out of your PC, please let it retire!

4. conceptualclarity

May 26, 2014
    Brag? I am not fond of this computer, and I am planning to move to a new one with Windows 7 this summer, hopefully.

5. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    I believe CCleaner does this as well.

As far as posting your system specs. Congratulations! You are a rarity here and its hard to help some people without them. Most are not even aware they have a ram module let alone what a hard drive is. I usually want to hint that its inside the big box, not the actual box.:D

6. conceptualclarity

May 26, 2014
    thank you, EFA11. It's been my understanding that you are supposed to include your specs when you post on a computer forum. I never thought that would be interpreted as "bragging." It's ironic. There have been times this computer was fortunate I didn't have a sledge hammer handy! :D