[Answered] From Win 7 pro to Win 7 ulti

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ThomasMann, Sep 1, 2018.

1. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    I brought a Fujitsu laptop with With Win 7 pro from Europe and want to install my Win 7 ulti on it.
    Is there anything particular that I need to watch? Will the drivers be the same as the installed ones?

Thanks, M.E.

2. sandy-bridge

sandy-bridge MDL Member

Feb 19, 2015
    Drivers will be the same, you can even use Anytime Upgrade to perform it, no need to reinstall.

3. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    FYI: Since the SLIC isn't edition dependent, Windows Loader can be used to only install matching key and certificate for activation.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. rayleigh_otter

rayleigh_otter MDL Expert

Aug 8, 2018
    Pro can use kms, Ultimate cannot.

5. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    But both can use the existing slic inside the bios, and the loader can install the appropriate oem:slp key and certificate and it will be genuinely activated (no bootloader installed).

6. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    Thank you, I might be back with another question in a few days....

7. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    Thank you all again, it all went a lot simpler than I would have ever dared imagine.

Just as a simple test first I replaced the 64bit SSD from my just brought from Europe Fujitsu laptop and its Win 7 pro, with the SSD I had used in my 16 year old HP laptop until it died a few months ago. That four year old SSD was unchanged and had all my files and a 32bit Win 7 ulti still installed.
    I stuck it in, started the Fujitsu, watched several driver install operations, restarted and.... was surprised for the first time in "My Digital Life" that something I did to a computer actually worked better than I had expected. Updating from Win 7 pro to Win 7 ulti in less than 10 minutes....

Thank you all for helping, and especially Daz. Without whose loader which I must be using for ten years by now, without whom the digital life of this life-time newbie would have been a lot more dreary, than it has become.