[Answered] Google Chrome v60 issues

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by jeggg, Jul 30, 2017.

1. jeggg

jeggg MDL Member

Dec 30, 2016
    #1 jeggg, Jul 30, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
    Hi
    I did a clean install win7 pro 64 bit today and installed chrome v60.
    I am having trouble with google chrome v60.

I was using chrome 57 no problems on prior win7 OS. and had chrome updates blocked.

Now with v60 , if I go to a site close site, go to another site close site , then go to email and while in yahoo mail site freezes and mouse pointer is shaped like a cursor vertical line & am unable to close site, so use task mgr. to close.

Go to desktop & clik googlle chrome shortcut & nothing.

Reboot and google opens good but same problem occurs short time later with freezing.

Can someone help me with this please?
    Is something in settings needs change?

Thanks!

EDIT:
    I installed all win7 updates, and doing that caused more problems.
    Did a clean install today, I think I can figure this chrome issue out somehow, thanks!
    :)

2. ch100

ch100 MDL Member

Sep 11, 2016
    Is your Windows 7 fully updated?
    If not, you'd better make it up to date, as there are a lot of changes that have happened in Windows 7 life cycle and which could impact browsing.

3. jeggg

jeggg MDL Member

Dec 30, 2016
    No Windows 7 is not fully updated , only have SP1 that was included on install DVD Win7.

Currently I have windows updates on 'manual' in admin tools/services.

Will it matter in best result that I already installed chrome prior to updating , or should I have updated Win 7 then installed chrome?

Should I select Automatic or Automatic (delayed start) in services ?

When I update one time, will windows do this to have updates current to the final available update?

Are you aware of the number of updates to be current is it ex: 200, 300 minus all the telemetry junk etc ? , for which I have no idea how to exclude them (unwanted updates).

Or are they installed where , update A has to be installed before update B can be detected as needed by Windows & downloaded?

How will I know when I have all available so I can put update back on manual so updates aren't being downloaded & installed anymore?

Sorry about all the noob questions .
    I am not online much, mostly work and sleep lol , but I do appreciate your advice.

Thank you for your help!